15 - sickness travels

age: 15
mom: scarlett
dad: colin
sister: rose
rose's age: 9

-

Y/N'S POV
Once every 2 months, mom and dad would take me and my 9 year old sister Rose on a car trip, to another state and we'd spend a few weeks there, the car trip it's self was awful but mom said it was fun.

Myself, personally got travel sick which is why i hated every travel, almost every time i'd end up throwing up outside or in a bag and it scared me so much, knowing that it will probably happen this time.

"Do we have too?" I groan throwing my bags into the car, mom ruffles my hair and pats my legs with a laugh, kissing my cheek.

"Yes baby, we do. Why do you hate it so much?" Mom frowns and turns to look at me.

"Why do i hate it? Maybe because every time i throw up mom" I sigh rolling my eyes, Mom's faces falls slightly and she reaches out and brings me in for a hug, i wrap my arms around her waist and feel her kiss my head.

"I know honey, and i'm sorry you do" Mom says rubbing my back, i nod my head and give her a squeeze before pulling away and getting into the car, pulling my legs up beside me and placing my pillow where my head is going to rest.

As i'm resting, trying to sleep before we set off, Rose starts getting into the car and being her 9 year old self, she's loud when doing so, which frustrates me.

"Can you quieten down" I snap, i don't mean to be rude but there is no need for her to be so loud in the morning, especially before we go on this road trip, i don't even want to go on.

"Can you calm down please" Mom says helping Rose, i roll my eyes and turn my head the other, Rose continued blabbering to mom as she helps her in the car before mom gets in herself.

Dad packs the last of the bags and then jumps into the car, asking who was ready, my mom and Rose cheer throwing their hands in the air excitedly, i just sigh into the pillow and close my eyes.

I hear a sigh before the engine gets turned on, and then the car starts to move. The first 2 hours of the car ride was fine but it's always the middle that's gets me.

"Y/n baby, do you need a break?" Mom asks me, i look over at her and nod my head before looking back out of the window.

Dad pulls into the service station and kills the engine, getting out the car to stretch and taking Rose with him, over to a grassy area we normally go to when we stop here.

Whilst they do that, mom takes me inside, to the bathroom, i start to pick up my speed and drag her behind me.

Once i get into a cubicle, i bend down in front of the toilet, mom rushing behind me and locking the door behind her, she bends down and places her hand on my back as my head hovers over the toilet.

"Is there anything coming up?" Mom asks gently rubbing my back, i shake my head as the nauseous feeling has disappeared now, Mom nods her head and helps me stand back up.

"Here have this, just incase" Mom picks up a sick bag that this service station sell and carries it out for me, i get back into the car and immediately lean against the door and my pillow.

Dad and Rose come back into the car and then we are soon on the road again, i try to get some sleep but with Rose singing beside me it's a bit hard, and my head is rattling off the side of the door as well which doesn't help.

As i'm staring at the floor, zoned out, that familiar feeling in my stomach starts to gurgle, i reach forward quickly and tap my mom's shoulder as she's sat in front of me, she turns around and looks at me.

"Here baby, it's okay" She says quickly grabbing the bag she took the handing it too me, as soon as i see the bag, the vomit starts making its way up my throat, i place the bag under my mouth and gag, Mom unbuckles her seatbelt so she can turn around better and places a hand on my head.

"Slow and deep breaths, you're okay" Mom soothes, i haven't thrown up yet and i hope it stays this way, Rose is still singing, just quieter and looking over at me occasionally.

I forcefully grab my mom's wrist as i gag again, but this time, the gag being followed by vomit, i jump and grip both the bag and my mom's wrist, she gasps and tucks my hair back.

Dad finds another service station and pulls into it, mom races out the car and gets me out, just in time for my next batch to me released from my body, Mom rubs my body helping me calm down, my cries getting caught up in gags.

"Make it stop" I cry as i throw up again, i look back as see dad moving Rose's car seat into the front, i assume mom is coming beside me then.

"All done?" Mom asks as i lean into her, she takes the bag and walks over to the bin, throwing it away before coming back to me and lifting me into her arms, sitting me on her waist.

"I'm just gonna take a walk on the grassy bank" Mom says to dad, who nods his head with a smile and plays songs for Rose, mom walks away and over to the grass, walking up and down with me in her arms as she pats my bottom and rubs my back.

Once she's finished walking, she brings me back to the car, placing me in my seat and making it all comfy for me before getting in beside me, she gives Rose a kiss on her cheek before sitting beside me, throwing her arm around my shoulders.

"Do you think we should try starting those travel pills now?" Mom asks stroking my hair, she's been talking to me about them but i'm terrified of swallowing pills so i've always declined her offer when she asked, but this is awful, so i nod.

"Good girl, we'll have them for next time alright?" She says, i nod my head and she hugs me tighter, placing her head on top of mine, i hold her shirt in my hand tightly and wipe my tears on her joggers.

Mom goes on her phone with her hand on my back, rubbing softly as i start to drift off into the sleep i've been waiting for ever since i got into this car, Mom is helping me as her hand is really smooth and she's rubbing my bare back which is the best feeling ever, i love how my mom takes care of me all the time.

___

just had dinner at ibrox stadium 😋