25 - sick bug

age: 5
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT POV'S
I had just gotten the dreaded phone call from my daughters school, they just called and asked me to pick Y/n up, because she had just thrown up.

As quickly as i could i grabbed my keys and got into my car, driving to the school, i had a bag in the back of the car for Y/n incase she had to threw up again.

When i entered the school, Y/n was sat on one of the sofa's curled on it with a sick bag pressed against the mouth making me frown, i went up to the front desk and signed her out, before taking her in my arms.

"How are you feeling honey?" I ask wondering if she's felt better or worse after throwing up.

"Sick" She mumbles, i nod my head and realise how silly my question was, i carry her back to the car and slowly sit her in her seat and buckle her up making sure she was okay before closing the door and getting into the car.

I try to drive home quickly, but i don't, because if i went too fast it would probably upset Y/n's poor tummy more. She didn't even say anything this morning about feeling unwell which is unusual.

"Living room or bed sweetheart?" I ask lifting her out the car, i hear a small mumble of the living room so that's where i take her.

I grab a blanket and set the pillows before laying Y/n down on the sofa, making sure she was comfy, she still had her death grip onto the sick bag she received from school.

"Do you want some tomato soup?" I ask but my daughter shakes her head and opens her eyes, bringing her knees up to her chest and whimpering in pain.

I tuck her into the blanket better and kneel down by the sofa, stroking her hair, her eyes flutter back closed as she stretches her body out slightly, i stay by the sofa and continue stroking her hair until i know she's fallen asleep.

Y/n slept for a good few hours, until it was dark outside, when she woke up, she got up too quick and ended up throwing up all down herself which got her really upset.

Now, we're making our way to the bathroom to have a nice warm bath, which i hope will make Y/n feel better. Although, she is slightly resisting right now, but i don't blame her, she just wants to rest.

"Y/n baby, come on just a bath and then you can go back to sleep" I say placing Y/n down in the bathroom, i lift the t-shirt over her head and pull her leggings down, ignoring the cries that are coming from her.

"Don't want a bath" She sobs, letting out a few coughs and then rubbing her eyes, i kiss her head and let the bath run, lifting my naked baby onto my lap as i sit on the toilet seat, rubbing her back.

"I know baby, but it'll make you feel so much better" I say taking her hair out the ponytail it was in and brushing through it gently, she lets out a few whimpers whilst i do so.

When the bath was full with water, i gently placed Y/n down into the water, i saw her face change into a relaxed state which told me the water temperature was clearly perfect.

I rinse the water all over Y/n's body, slowly taking some soap and washing her up, making sure to get her face also. She tried to resist a few times again, but she soon stopped and just sat in the bath letting me clean her.

"Out now?" Y/n asked me as i dried my hands, i nodded my head and picked up her towel, placing it over my shoulder, i lift her out of the bath and place her on the floor, then wrapping her towel around her, pulling her into me for a quick hug.

I change Y/n into some cozy pyjamas, rubbing her arms and kissing her forehead, i throw her dirty clothes and towel in the laundry basket and then lift her back into my arms.

"Sleepy mama" Y/n mumbles and then tucks her head into my neck, wrapping her legs loosely around my waist as her arms dangle down her sides, i nod my head and take her downstairs wanting to get her a drink.

"Want some milk?" I ask rubbing her back, she nods her head and lets out some big breaths into my neck, which tickles me slightly.

"Can i have a bottle?" Y/n asks me, which confuses me as she hasn't had a bottle since she was three years old.

"You cant have a bottle baby, you're a big girl, big girls don't use bottles" I say swaying my hips as i walk over to the fridge and grab the milk out, placing it on the counter.

"Please can i have a bottle" She whines pulling back and looking at me with a pout, i fold my lips together as i look at her little cute face and her tiny pout, her watery eyes and her red nose, how could i ever say no.

"Fine, this is the last time you use a bottle, this is because you're sick Y/n" I say making sure she understands, she nods her head and lays it back on my shoulder.

I heat a bottle of milk up for her and handed it over to her, she gave me her cheeky smile and lay her head back on my shoulder and brought the bottle up to her lips.

"Nice?" I ask rubbing her back, she nods her head and snuggles deeper into me, i make my way back upstairs so Y/n can go back to sleep, i sit in the middle of my bed and hold Y/n sideways on my lap.

I miss when she was this little and i got to feed her a bottle everyday, when Y/n handed the bottle over to me, it felt like i was feeding my little newborn again with the way she looked up at me.

Y/n's eyes soon fell closed and she stopped drinking her milk and her head fell in between my armpit and my boob, i placed the milk down and then slowly placed Y/n onto my bed, bringing the duvet up and tucking her in.

After a bit of moving around and a few small whines, she was settled, she also had a death grip on my hair but i removed her hand from my head and then stood up, i left my door open and went back downstairs, it was only 8pm and Y/n hadn't eaten, i had the plan of letting her sleep for an hour or two then wake her up and give her some food, then she can fall right back asleep.

-

went to the doctors today and i have potentially fractured my foot...