DARKNESS WITHIN

"The greatest enemy we can face is ourselves,

and the greatest battle is against the

darkness within."

-Derek Landy-

******

They said "we are our own light and our own darkness". It can be also being said that each and everyone of us has darkness within ourselves.

There is no one that is exempted with that universal truth.

That "darkness" ...some or every individuality in this world are afraid of it however some or few people embrace it.

Darkness is everywhere specifically where there is absence of light...since darkness is merely the absence of light.

Yet since most people, especially with tortured minds, do not have light inside of them - it gets quite dark and they have no idea on how to face that darkness.

However, people spend too much time being afraid of the outside darkness than the darkness within themselves. It sits there inside, slowly but surely permeating every membrane of your heart and mind until it is the color of pitch.

That... monster is silently lurking in the shadow ready to pounce to troubled minds.

You need to be wary of the darkness within, for unless you unleash light upon it the darkness will surely devour you.

***

NIE HUAISANG

He knows that deep inside, he was just like his big brother, the Sect Leader Nie MingJue, one of the Venerated Triad, Chifeng-Zun...strict, violent when angered, protective, etc.

However, he knows that it will not warrant him any good to become like his brother so at the forefront he let everyone thinks that he is helpless, incompetent, spoiled second young master that do not want to do hard chores such as doing schoolwork and saber training but love painting fans, searching for birds, and catching fish. And now he is known as the "headshaker", which totally warranted his elder brother, his Sect Leader's rage towards those gossipmongers and to Nie HuaiSang himself for letting others call him as such.

What a total opposite reputation he earned from his elder brother's reputation.

He let himself free from responsibilities and just want to enjoy life and to see the hidden beauty the world can offer amidst the chaos, senseless fights that leads to wars that killed his friends...

His friends...

That killed his friends...

Killed

KILLED!!!

He remembered the pain, the aggravating ache when he heard of the news...the deaths of Wen Qing and Wen Ning and followed by the deaths of Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi.

In the darkness of his room, for the first time, there was no presence of light. He was curled up while holding his head and his eyes are full of tears. A grieving cry he lets out that he did not notice the swirling dark energy that comes out in his body. Shortly after, lots of voices screamed inside his head that he passed out in the floor with a bleeding noise, ears and a blooded mouth and bruised tongue in order to stop himself from screaming out.

When he wakes up, he was already in the infirmary and in the presence of his Sect Leader and the healer.

Yes, he loves his brother and he takes pride for being that Sect Leader's little brother. His loyalty is in his elder brother, without doubt. But at that moment, when his eyes meet his elder brother's eyes, the only thing he felt was anger and rage.