WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INSIDE...OR NOT

"There are some things

you can only learn

in a storm."

-Joel Osteen-

******

At late afternoon the Sect Leaders arrived. The first to arrive are from the YunMeng Jiang Sect and followed by the QingHe Nie Sect. The former was led by now the Sect Leader Jiang Cheng, courtesy name Jiang Wanyin titled Sandu Shengshou along with the former sect leader Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu Ziyuan. It was a sight to behold as it never happens before. With them is Jin ZiXuan with his wife and son, Jin YanLi and Jin Ling. While the latter was led by still the Sect Leader Nie MingJue titled Chifeng-Zun along with Nie Huaisang and the right hand man of MingJue, General Lao, the trusted Nie disciple.

Hours later, smaller sects arrive. Meishan Yu Clan arrived at the same time with an unnamed Sect and seconds later by Baling Ouyang Clan, Moling Su Clan, Tingshan He Clan, Yao Clan, Yingchuan Wang Clan, Yueyang Chang Clan, Hedong Fu Clan, Runan Wang Clan, Anping Ron Clan, Zhoushan Zhao Clan, and Ezhou Clan, respectively.

At dusk, LanLing Jin Sect arrives with lots of entourage along with them is the Laoling Qin Clan. Not that it was new and surprising, it is not. The sect really always come last as if they are the most important sect-of-all and the conference must not start unless they are present. Led by the Jin Sect Leader, Jin GuangYao titled Chief Cultivator with his ever smiling face, Qin Su, his wife.

The grand hall of Gusu is already crowded yet organized. Each sect has its place and already settled while some Lan disciples walk around serving refreshments especially to the newly arrived Jin Sect. The hall became quiet when the Chief Cultivator walk in the center aisle. The cultivators who came before, stand up and bowed respectably to Jin GuangYao.

"Welcome, Chief Cultivator!" everyone greeted with a respected bow.

In response, Jin GuangYao smiled sweetly along with Madam Jin.

As the Chief Cultivator, he was given the placed in the center podium facing the expectant cultivators from different sect. A couple of step below, is a seat assigned for the GusuLan Sect Leader Lan XiChen titled Zewu-Jun along with his uncle Elder Lan QiRen.

Lan XiChen stand tall, lean and tender while having his welcome speech to the crowd.

"Distinguished guests, sect leaders, elders and to our esteemed Chief Cultivator. It is my honor to welcome you all in Gusu to convene this timely and needed conference." XiChen soothingly greeted everyone. "We have been plague by unknown entity that inflict injuries and uncountable liabilities during night hunts. We are all here gathered to find solution on this current problems we are facing right now." XiChen's gentle and kind eyes roam the hall acknowledging each sects. "I hope this conference will be blessed by the gods in order for us to reach an inclusive conclusion that will benefit us all despite our differences." With a polite smile Lan XiChen ended his speech.

Chief Cultivator, Jin GuangYao with his calm demeanor communicate in his soft voice together with his sweet smile, it is like a caress to a wounded soul.

"Each and every one of us shared same fate and troubles ever since the Wen Sect's tyranny. We survived that final war with the Wens and conquer that siege in Nightless City through our undivided efforts and united strengths. We come all the way to ensure peace and equality in the cultivation world. Now, we are here gathered once again to find the common cause of the current dilemma we are all facing right now. For three months since that eerie howl of the winds, we've been met with countless mysterious injuries during night hunts and that is what we identified for now, when it all starts. The miseries were not just felt by one or few sects but all of us went through the same, this is not the first and surely will not be the last... but together and united as one, I hope once again that we survive this just like we survived years ago. As the Chief Cultivator, I assure each and every one that no one will be left behind. We will solved this... for a problem of one sect is a problem of all sects, wherever sects you came from, from the 5 major sects or minor clans, we are cultivators and cultivators must fight as one for the common good of all." Jin GuangYao articulately state in addressing the problem.