shubman gill [gif imagine]

[Y/N - your name]

[Y/N - your name]

Third person's POV -

It was match day today. In the first innings India made 410 for 4 wickets with Shubman, Rohit and Virat's half century and Shreyas and KL Rahul's amazing 100. The second innings were great to watch as well.

You can't really pick a favourite moment from the match. One of them was Shubman's 95 meters long six and his precious smile after the shot....Seeing Virat bowling again and taking a wicket made your day. Then came in Shubman and SKY as well. A good day? No, a fantastic day. Then it turned into an even better one when Rohit bowled for the last over. AND took the last wicket.

Your team had won, the match was good and it was your birthday as well. You couldn't ask for anything better. Although you wished Shubman had completed his century. Maybe next time.

but today,

he forgot your birthday.

You had tons of wishes today..literally everyone remembered, but your boyfriend didn't. It was match day so you thought maybe it must have slipped his mind. You had just landed in Kolkata before an hour of the match along with Ritika and Anushka so you didn't had a chance to meet Shubman then.

It was not remotely possible, that he had forgotten your day. But the fact that he didn't wished you at midnight or the following whole day? And now it was night...

After the win he came up to met you.

'Hi!' you smiled.
'Hi baby!' Shubman replied pulling you into a bear hug. Him being a giant, he wrapped his arms around you, softly putting his chin on your head.

'I missed you.' he whispered.
'Listen I love you but you smell awful right now..' you said with your head buried into his chest.

'Sorry the sweat..' he chuckled.
'maybe you and I can take a nice long bath together later tonight..' he said in a low tone, just audible enough for you.
'I'd like that' you agreed happily.

'Shubman congratulations on another half century!' said Anushka breaking your hug.
'Thank you! thank you so much..' he responded with a smile.

'Literally an amazing day for Y/N' she said.
'It was, for all of us..' he nodded.

'Anushka, Y/N let's go back to the hotel. The boys might be here for long.' called Ritika who was standing at a distance with Rohit.

'Haan let's go, boys aaye tab tak we can get ready for the dinner. I still have to give you my gift...' said Anushka and Shubman's grin quickly changed into a frown.
'dinner? what gift?' he thought.
'Haan chalo. See you soon!' you said to Shubman and left with your girls.

It then clicked Shubman.

'OH NO'
'TODAY'S DATE'
'Award for the best boyfriend of the year goes to you Shubman. Great job forgetting your girlfriend's birthday.' he muttered.

'What are mumbling about?' Virat asked as he saw him standing all alone cursing himself.
'It's Y/N birthday.' he replied.

'Haan pata hai muje.' he nodded.
'Aapko pata hai?' Shubman's eyes widen.

'Haan?' he said again.
'Great!' he cursed himself again in his mind.

'Woh um...main bhul gaya..' he stated.
'Oh! Great!' Virat patted his shoulder.
'Chalo let's go down..' he added and walked in the direction of the stairs.

'Virat bhai!!' Shubman stopped him.
'What should I do now? koi advice do naa please..'

'Good luck!' he replied.
'Bhaiya aab kya karu yeh puch tha..why are wishing me luck?'

'Abbey saale girlfriend ka birthday bhul gaya hai, Aab kuch bhi nahi ho sakta. I forgot Anushka's once....' he said and then there was a moment of silence there.
'Never again.'

'I'll check up on you in the morning to see if you're still alive. Chalo aab!' he said pushing Shubman towards the exit.

_______________________
[words count - 657]

A/N -

Hello lovelies! how are you all doing? So how do you think Shubman should make it up to Y/N, tell me your suggestions in the comments.

Oh and a big news, I've finally collaborated with my dearest ebanccica

You can find the book on our account avanxisa She has done the most work in it

She has done the most work in it. I'm sure you'll like it. Your votes and comments means so much to us. Shower your love <3