Chapter 2.

Following her victory over the formidable boss, Luna found herself in possession of a myriad of new equipment pieces. A sense of accomplishment and satisfaction radiated from her as she examined her newfound gear. "These items are a significant improvement. Additionally, I've garnered a substantial amount of valuable experience in the process," Luna remarked with a gleam of contentment in her eyes. 

Luna

Level: 12/80

Weapon: Flame Gauntlets, Boots.

"I'm in dire need of a pair of upgraded boots," Luna observed, her desire for enhanced footwear evident. Frank drew near, offering a pragmatic perspective by suggesting that she shouldn't be overly concerned about boots, considering her proficiency in hand-to-hand combat. Meanwhile, the 'Flame Gauntlets' she wore had imbued her hands with the fiery power, a testament to her growing strength. Frank, too, had benefited from their successful expedition, acquiring a more formidable staff to aid him in his magical endeavors.

Frank

Level: 10/80

Weapon: Blazing orb.

"We just battled wolves, and it seems that all the equipment we acquired is fire-related," Frank remarked, noting the thematic consistency of their gear. Suddenly, in the heart of the chamber, a portal materialized, its presence indicating a potential exit from their current location. Frank gestured toward it with a pointed finger, poised to propose their departure. However, before he could voice his suggestion, he noticed Luna briskly making her way through a different doorway. Puzzled by her impromptu decision, he swiftly gave chase, musing to himself, "What in the world is going on with this girl?"

Luna's deduction followed swiftly, "There must be a hidden boss in here." Her sharp eyes swept over the room's surroundings, and she noted the similarities to the previous area they had explored. Breaking the silence with a spirited greeting, she called out, "Hello, is anyone here?" The tranquility was shattered as an arrow hurtled toward her, but Luna deftly intercepted it, confident in her ability to evade harm. However, to her surprise, the arrow detonated in a burst of explosive force, leaving her to utter a string of colorful curses. As the smoke cleared, a young boy emerged from the midst of the skull-laden chamber, clutching a bow in his hand.

"Stay back," he cautioned, his tone laced with a hint of concern as he tried to maintain a safe distance from Luna. Frank entered the scene, his curiosity piqued by the unfolding situation, and swiftly responded by invoking a healing spell to mend Luna's injuries.

"This is incredibly uncomfortable. What on earth is happening? I really need to avoid taking hits like that," Luna muttered, exasperation coloring her voice, as she disposed of the remnants of the explosive arrow. Pondering the situation at hand, she voiced her suspicion, "Could this be a hidden boss?" Luna readied herself to engage the boy when Frank interceded, assuring her that he was no formidable foe but merely an ordinary young boy. With a subtle shrug, she brushed aside Frank's hand from her shoulder and began to explore the room. Turning her attention to the lone boy, she inquired, "What brings you here all by yourself?"

"I didn't arrive here alone. Everyone I traveled with has been eliminated," the young boy explained, descending the skeletal hillside with his bow still trained on Luna. "A party of adventurers entered and took down all of them. I managed to survive by remaining hidden, evading their notice," he elaborated, a hint of fear still present in his voice as he recounted the traumatic encounter.

"They killed them because of the boss?" Frank inquired, seeking clarification. The boy nodded solemnly, confirming the grim circumstances that had unfolded.