Chapter 15: Ice Shard

Luna gazed at her palm, the echo of the phoenix's words lingering in her mind—' The power to create and destroy.' A subtle smile graced her lips as she contemplated the potential implications of this newfound ability. "Can I create anything?" she wondered aloud, the prospect of boundless creation sparking curiosity within her. However, her musings were interrupted by the stranger who had attempted to attack her, his presence demanding attention. 

Remarkably, he had absorbed Sebastian's formidable punch without a scratch, a feat that perplexed both Luna and Sebastian. As the realization dawned that the flowers surrounding Luna were responsible for the stranger's unscathed state, Sebastian urgently advised Luna to get rid of them. Luna, undeterred, reassured Sebastian with a confident demeanor. Taking her place in front of Sebastian, she directly addressed the resilient stranger, asking if he came to fight her. "With these flowers here, we can fight without getting hurt," Luna suggested, her smile conveying an eagerness for a challenge.

Baffled by Luna's proposition, the stranger questioned her motives, puzzled by the notion of a conflict devoid of consequences. Luna, arms folded, contemplated how best to convey her intentions. Turning to Sebastian for assistance, she requested his explanation. With a nod, Sebastian stepped in, elucidating Luna's predicament to the perplexed stranger. Sebastian clarified that Luna's immense power posed a unique challenge—she couldn't unleash her full capabilities against weaker opponents without causing harm. 

Luna interjected, emphasizing her desire to explore new facets of her abilities without causing undue damage. "I just want to try new things," she affirmed, summarizing the essence of her quest for self-discovery and the responsible use of her formidable powers. The exchange highlighted Luna's thoughtful approach to her abilities and the delicate balance she sought to maintain in harnessing her incredible potential.

The man pointed towards the bound soul hunters positioned behind Luna, his stern declaration cutting through the air. "I'm here to take them away. They must be punished for attempted murder and theft," he asserted with a sense of duty. In response, Luna, maintaining her composure, politely rebuffed his offer, asserting her role as their captor. She underscored her determination to be the one overseeing their fate, driven by the need to uncover the motives behind their aggressive pursuits—why they targeted her and sought to pilfer people's soul pets. 

Undeterred by Luna's refusal, the man proposed an alternative solution. He suggested a peaceful resolution, hoping to avoid unnecessary conflict. However, Luna, resolute in her decision, proposed a unique condition: a battle to determine the fate of the captured soul hunters. The man, though expressing a reluctance to engage in combat, found himself compelled to draw his weapon, acknowledging Luna's unwavering stance. 

As the man assumed an attacking stance, his sword enveloped in a distinctive purple aura, Luna prepared herself for the impending confrontation. Yet, before the clash could unfold, Sebastian intervened, placing a reassuring hand on Luna's shoulder. In a hushed whisper, he divulged that the phoenix shard was in close proximity. Advising Luna to conserve her energy for the imminent challenge, Sebastian ensured the man remained unaware of their conversation.

Luna, torn between the desire to test her new robotic body's capabilities and Sebastian's pragmatic advice, made a strategic decision. Instead of engaging in battle herself, she instructed Sebastian to take her place, considering his recent recovery. Acknowledging the wisdom in Sebastian's counsel, Luna nodded in agreement. Sebastian, embodying Luna's directive, signaled towards the surrounding flowers. In a captivating display, the flowers were engulfed in flames, casting an ethereal glow. The man, perceiving the unfolding transformation, instinctively retreated, a mix of awe and caution in his eyes. Luna, wearing a confident smile, informed the man that he would be engaging in the anticipated battle not with her but with Sebastian.