Chapter 31: Arcadia

Luna found herself standing amid a breathtaking landscape, a familiar green expanse stretching out before her. Her heart raced as she recognized the celestial realm, the same place where she had encountered the celestial being before.

"What's happening?" Luna's voice trembled with uncertainty as she turned to face the celestial who had summoned her.

"You failed," the celestial's voice boomed, echoing across the serene landscape. Luna's heart sank at the accusation.

"I failed?" Luna's brows furrowed in confusion. "But how? What did I do wrong?"

"The soul-hunters have launched their assault on the Jade Dynasty, and Arthur has returned unharmed," the celestial's words carried a weight of disappointment.

Luna's mind raced as she tried to comprehend the gravity of the situation. "But it hasn't been long since I arrived in Veridia," she protested.

"Yet you have already amassed wealth and influence in Veridia," the celestial countered, their voice tinged with frustration. "You should have focused on your mission instead of indulging in worldly pleasures."

Luna felt a surge of anger rising within her at the celestial's accusations. "Indulging in worldly pleasures?" she spat, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "I didn't ask for any of this. You chose me as a guardian without my consent, and now you blame me for your failures?"

A new voice cut through the tension, cold and commanding. "You do not have the right to lay hands on a celestial," it declared.

Luna's eyes widened as she saw another celestial approach, their presence imposing and regal. "For this transgression, you shall be stripped of your abilities," the celestial declared, their words sending a shiver down Luna's spine.

As Luna braced herself for the consequences of her actions, the weight pressing down on her increased, causing her to cry out in agony. She glanced up to see the celestial named Azrael looming over her, a sinister smirk playing on their lips.

"Who are you?" Luna spat, defiance burning in her eyes.

Azrael's smirk widened, their gaze filled with malice. "I am a thousand times more powerful than your feeble celestial," they taunted. "And you, little one, are at my mercy."

Luna's jaw clenched as she fought back the urge to lash out at her tormentor. "Just tell me what you want," she demanded, her voice tinged with resignation.

"Your mission in Veridia has come to an end," Ariel interjected, their expression somber. "But fear not, for you shall be given a new task in a different world."

Luna's heart sank at the news, a sense of dread settling over her. "And what of Veridia?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"A more capable guardian will be sent to handle the situation," Azrael sneered, their tone dripping with contempt.

Luna stood before Azrael, her fists clenched at her sides as she struggled to contain her frustration. "You're sending me on another mission," she stated, her voice laced with resignation.

Azrael's eyes glinted with amusement as he nodded in affirmation. "Indeed, a simple task," he replied. "All you must do is prevent the Southern Kingdom from harassing the Ebondrift village."

The name Ebondrift stirred a memory in Luna's mind, a distant echo from her past life. "Are there demons in the village?" she inquired, her curiosity piqued.