Chapter 17

At the bottom of the hill, nature unfolded its attractive canvas. A lush carpet of grass adorned the landscape, distributed with an array of vibrant wildflowers that swayed delicately in the whispering breeze. Towering trees, their leaves forming a verdant canopy, framed the scene, adding a sense of timeless serenity. The air carried the crisp fragrance of earth, blending harmoniously with the subtle perfume of blossoming flora. Luna's flames flickered with an ethereal glow, casting dancing shadows that waltzed across the surroundings. The moon, a luminous guardian in the celestial expanse, spilled its silvery radiance, gently embracing the landscape.

"You're unguarded," Luna stated. Eleanor, displaying a puzzled frown, attempted to draw her sword, yet Luna effortlessly seized it with her metallic hands, invulnerable to its sharpness. Intrigued, Eleanor questioned Luna about her unusual resistance. Luna, in response, ignited her sword in flames, compelling Eleanor to release her grip. Seizing the opportunity, Luna retrieved Eleanor's sword, commending its quality. Unexpectedly, the sword plummeted to the ground, dragging Luna along. Struggling to lift it, Luna wondered aloud, "Is this enchanted?"

Stepping back, Luna evaded Arthur's attempted strike. "Patience, Arthur, it's not your turn yet," Luna remarked. As Eleanor approached to retrieve her sword, Luna shot her a quizzical glance. Eleanor claimed she alone could use the sword. She pointed it at Luna and demanded her surrender. As Eleanor swung her sword toward Luna, a discernible blade of air sliced through trees behind her. Luna sighed, "Can we discuss this? I'm just a seventeen-year-old girl. You wouldn't want to harm a kid, would you?" She raised her hand in a defensive gesture, accompanied by a reassuring smile.

"The very notion of you considering yourself a child is precisely why you shouldn't possess this power. You lack the understanding of how to wield it," Eleanor remarked, standing alongside Arthur. "If you manage to retrieve the phoenix for me, I might vouch for your cause," Eleanor addressed Arthur.

In the charged confrontation, Luna's patience wore thin. "You keep calling me incapable and all that. Who do you think you are? Some kind of perfect human?" Her smile vanished, replaced by a stern expression. Unyielding to Eleanor's criticisms, Luna summoned her greatsword, ready to prove her capabilities.

"All this talking, yet you are still unguarded," Luna declared as the air crackled with tension. In a swift response, Sebastian's clones materialized, pinning both Arthur and Eleanor. Despite being immobilized, Arthur demonstrated resilience. With the help of his poisonous soul pet, he dissolved one of the clones, freeing himself.

Intent to save Eleanor from the remaining clone, Arthur faced another challenge. Luna, displaying her command over the earth, ensnared Arthur with roots, restricting his movements. "Please do not move," Luna warned, her voice firm. Arthur, undeterred, grunted and exerted his strength, tearing through the roots with determination.

Eleanor, sensing an opportunity, employed her skills, casting a blinding light that temporarily blinded the clones and allowed her to break free. Swiftly, she disposed of the clone restraining her, regaining her freedom. Joining Arthur in the sky, Eleanor confronted Luna, her motives shrouded in silence.

"No matter what you do, you won't be able to kill me," Luna proclaimed with confidence, pointing to her heart. Her words carried an air of invincibility. Luna asserted that to end her, one would need to strike her heart. However, she added a layer of complexity, referencing the cryptic words of the phoenix. Luna doubted the effectiveness of such an attack, suggesting a newfound understanding that rendered her immune to certain threats.

Concluding her bold declaration, Luna thrust her sword into the ground, a symbolic gesture of her unwavering resolve. Raising both arms into the air, she elevated her voice, confidently declaring, "I am immortal." The atmosphere crackled with a blend of tension and defiance as Luna, Arthur, and Eleanor navigated the complications of their evolving conflict.

The battleground, at the bottom of a hill, bore witness to the clash of elements – Luna's flames and roots intertwining with Arthur's toxic substances and Eleanor's blinding light. The hill itself, with its sloping terrain, added a dynamic element to the skirmish, influencing the strategic maneuvers of the combatants.

Luna's proclamation of immortality resonated in the moonlit battleground. The symbolism of her sword thrust into the earth and her raised arms conveyed a sense of dominance and defiance. Her confidence, born from a contemplation of the phoenix's cryptic words, added layers to the unfolding narrative.

The battleground, now a canvas of elemental clashes and luminous displays, contained the essence of the conflict. Luna's declaration echoed beyond the immediate confrontation, reaching the core of her identity. The hill, witness to the convergence of powers, stood as a silent spectator to the unfolding drama.

"Is that the reason there's no blood despite my blade piercing you?" Eleanor asked, her gaze fixated on the modest puncture in Luna's abdomen. Luna, in turn, examined the small cavity formed by Eleanor's imposing sword, a stoic expression masking the potential implications of her seemingly impenetrable state.

"This," Luna began but halted, a sense of urgency coloring her thoughts. Whispering to herself, she acknowledged the need to swiftly rejoin her allies. Patting her stomach, she turned her attention back to the airborne duo. "I don't want to kill you, so, my subordinates will handle you," Luna declared. The once-defeated clones resurrected, now standing dutifully at her side.

Summoning her Evil Wind sword, she handed it to one clone, while the other reclaimed the greatsword from the ground. "Do not kill them, and under no circumstances, lose my swords," Luna commanded with unwavering authority. Seizing their hands, she cast a spell, imprinting a glowing crescent moon. 

"You're no longer Sebastian's clones; you now belong to me, my very own soldiers. This crescent moon is a link, which can help me with identifying my people," Luna explained, pointing to the symbol. "It also signifies our shared spiritual power. You can use as much as you want. However, as I emphasized before, no killing and no losing my weapons." The two clones bowed, emanating formidable spiritual energy. "Prevent them from entering the city," Luna commanded with finality.

"Insolent brat," Arthur sneered. He conjured a rain of poison, directing it towards Luna and her soldiers. The soldier wielding the Evil Wind sword swung it skyward, summoning a forceful gust of wind that dispelled the toxic deluge. A momentary expression of fear flickered in Arthur's eyes, quickly replaced by a stoic demeanor as Eleanor soared towards Luna.

"Where do you think you're going?" The soldier wielding the greatsword inquired from Eleanor, seizing her leg and hurling her to the hillside before she could reach Luna. "If you aim to reach our queen, you'll have to confront us first," he asserted. The mention of 'queen' provoked Eleanor, prompting her to vehemently declare that Luna could never bear the title of queen. Luna, puzzled, tilted her head, wondering if there was a significant past event involving Eleanor that caused her to act like this.

Luna had the inclination to inquire, but her focus was abruptly diverted by a resounding explosion in the city. Without delay, she summoned her wings and ascended into the sky.

Luna's wings underwent a striking transformation, morphing into a spectacle of contrasts. Instead of their usual fiery demeanor, they now bore a composition of obsidian-black feathers. Remarkably, each feather displayed an complex interplay of ice and flames at its tip, creating an otherworldly fusion of elements. The comparison of the icy coolness and the fiery warmth added a mesmerizing and enigmatic quality to her newly adorned wings as she soared through the sky.

While traversing the skies, Luna reflected on her recent actions. "Having an abundance of spiritual power allows me to share it, especially since they'll be under my command. With more soldiers, this city could become the safest haven in the world. It's no wonder villains in movies crave such power. Freedom courses through me; I feel like I can mold reality as I desire," Luna joyfully expressed, spreading her arms wide. Unintentionally, she radiated spiritual power, conjuring a celestial display—flames adorned the sky like a canopy, followed by a shiver-inducing ice. The spectacle vanished, and Luna, realizing the unintended release, felt the scrutiny of numerous onlookers.

"Is this a daily occurrence for them?" Luna pondered. Swiftly teleported to the ground by one of William's associates, Luna instinctively assumed a defensive posture upon recognizing the familiar faces. However, her readiness to engage was promptly diffused as one of them reassured her that their intent was not hostile.