Chapter 20: My Trees

Apex and his fellow hunters were sitting in the living room watching television. Apex called out to Luna when he noticed her. "Hey. You've got a nice place. I don't think I'm going to leave. Because of the enchantment, there is unlimited food and water."

"Enchantment," surprised, Luna questioned. Apex led her to the kitchen. The plates were filled with fruits and other ingredients. Apex grabbed an orange from a plate. Luna felt a small portion of her spiritual power leave her as another orange appeared on the plate.

"This whole place absorbs spiritual power and in exchange," He gestured to the plates with different fruits. He moved toward Luna and quietly said to her, "Look, thanks for taking us with you. I don't know what would have happened to us if we had returned with no soul pet. I know we promised to tell you who our boss is but... "Apex scratched the back of his head.

Luna smiled, "But?!" Apex giggled nervously.

He began, "We don't know who he is." Before Luna could respond, he informed her that their boss gave them orders through a group of people. "I'm certain they know him."

"Are they powerful?" Luna asked.

"Really," Apex said. "Does this mean we are good?" He inquired.

Luna shook her head. "You can't live here as if you are my friends. You tried to hurt my friend."

"Are you talking about that guy?" He pointed to Sebastian. Luna nodded. "He was only using half of his spiritual power against us. There's no way we could have defeated him."

"You still can't live here for free," Luna informed him. He suggested to Luna that they would take care of the house when she was out which caused her to glare at him. He then suggested they would help with anything she wanted if she let them stay with her. Luna agreed and Apex thanked her before joining his friends.

Sebastian showed Luna to her room and informed her that she should call him when she needed something. He then returned to the others, leaving Luna alone.

Luna's room welcomed her with beauty and style. The glass walls provided a stunning view, complemented by black curtains adding a touch of sophistication. A king-sized bed served as the centerpiece, inviting comfort and relaxation. A spacious walk-in closet awaited her belongings, while an attached washroom completed the luxurious setting.

She spent the next hour arranging her things. After finally completing, she sat on her bed, looking outside at the beautiful trees surrounding them.
"I wonder when the celestial would contact me again."

Luna sighed and pulled out her phone. She had received a lot of texts from Quinn. She smiled and placed the phone on the table before lying on the soft mattress. A beautiful thought appeared in her mind. She sprang out of bed and walked toward the glass. As Luna opened her palm toward the trees, beautiful butterflies emerged into the forest. Beautiful flowers then grew on the trees. The beautiful flowers of different colors now filled the forest. Each petal reflected the sunlight, creating a mesmerizing display that transformed the woodland into a living tapestry of natural art.

But Luna's magic didn't stop there. With a whispered incantation, she encouraged the growth of luminescent moss that adorned the forest floor. Tiny embers of light glowed softly, casting a gentle radiance that transformed the forest into a mystical wonderland. The air was filled with the delicate fragrance of blossoms, and the harmonious buzz of magical butterflies added a melody to the tranquil sanctuary.

"Wow," A voice startled Luna. She turned to see the gravity girl with a plate filled with food. "This is beautiful," She said with her mouth filled with food. Luna asked her if she needed something and she nodded. She then gave a list to Luna and informed her that the people on that list were the ones Apex was talking about. "Thank you for letting us stay with you." Luna nodded to her gratitude toward her. As she exited Luna's room, Apex entered and called out to Luna.