Chapter 33: Masenshi

"You heard her. Go and grab your weapons," The man said to his fellow men with a commanding tone. The sound of the movement and chatter in the dungeon became too much. Luna even wondered how the Southern guards hadn't noticed it.

"Why did you let the watchman go?" Beatrix questioned, wondering. Letting the watchman go could cause a lot of problems for them. However, Luna wasn't worried because, in her mind, she thought the man wouldn't be a problem to deal with. However

This was what Luna thought until she remembered what caused her to be brought into this world. "How fast are you?" She asked Beatrix, remembering how quick she was to eliminate the soldier guarding the dungeon.

"Pretty fast," Beatrix responded, an evil smile adorning her face. She brandished her sword before Luna, asking, "Do you want me to kill the Southern soldiers in this dungeon?" She moved toward Luna, her footsteps overshadowed by the movement of the Ebondrift warriors.

Luna nodded, hoping Beatrix would accept her request. "I have already helped you rescue the soldiers. So I do not owe you anything anymore. You are the one who has to fulfill your promise of letting stay beside you. To make it short, you can't order me around," Beatrix stated, smiling. She tapped Luna's shoulder and whispered to her, "If you have something to offer me, I might be willing to help."

Luna's smile grew wider as she stared at Beatrix. The temperature in the dungeon suddenly began to drop. "Please?" Luna said. The moonlight from outside leaked through a hole in the wall, illuminating Luna's face. Luna's eyes started to glow in the darkness. Beatrix's smile disappeared upon seeing Luna's expression.

Even though she was smiling, Beatrix sensed something scary behind the smile. As Luna opened her mouth to talk again, Beatrix could see her fangs had become longer. "What's going on?" She thought. She shook her head and said, "Alright stop what you're doing," Beatrix said and dashed out of the room to go and accomplish her task.

Luna had a questioning look because she did not know what Beatrix was talking about. Some of the Ebondrift warriors were staring at her causing Luna to ask, "What are you all looking at?" One of them then pointed to her arm. Upon looking, Luna noticed cold vapor emerging from her skin. It looked as if Luna's skin had become too cold, freezing the air around her. "What the heck is going on?" Luna thought, wondering what was happening.

Earlier, she had problems controlling her fire ability which she recently obtained. Now she has to deal with this again. "Hurry up and let's get out of here," Luna said to them. They all went away to go and grab their weapons.

Curious, Luna looked at her wrist. The mark of the sun which was on her wrist earlier, had changed the mark of a moon. Something lit up in Luna's mind. She felt as if something was calling to her. Her eyes unconsciously looked at the moon through the hole in the wall. As she looked out at the full moon, she felt a surge of energy within her. Her senses became sharp, she could hear things from afar and her sights became clearer.

"The sun and the moon, huh?" Luna said, a devious smile finding its way to her face. She clasped her hands together. "This just made my work easier," Luna stated.

"We are done," Marcus Stonehelm the leader of Ebondrift warriors announced to Luna. "What would you like us to do?"

"Return to Ebondrift as quickly as you can," Luna commanded. Her now soothing voice came out as a surprise to her and the warriors of Ebondrift. Marcus and the others stood there staring at her in awe. "I believe you heard what I just said," She said to them, her melodic voice ringing within the dimly lit dungeon.

"Move out," Marcus gave out his command. The warriors, adorned with rusted equipment marched out of the dungeon. The sound of their armor on the ground faded as the last warrior exited.