Chapter 16

The next day the Inu gang were traveling when they see the soldiers traveling to Mount Hakurei.
" what's that ?" Kagome questions.
" I'm not sure ?" Sango replied.
They then hear the villagers were terrified when the gravestone of The Band of Seven was broken .
" let's go check it out ." Musa suggested as miroku then Miroku decided to stop and ask what happened.
The villagers explain that 10 years ago seven mercenaries came from an eastern province. They then began sadistically killing numerous innocent people, women and children included.
After they defeated the warlords they became too powerful. The Band of Seven was finally caught and beheaded by the soldiers near Mount Hakurei. The villagers explained.

" that's awful " flora cried .

Inyuasha then pick up a strong demons scent and tells miroku to watch the girls as he leaves in a hurry.

Meanwhile somewhere else Jakotsu meets up with Mukotsu who says that the others are working on their own plans.

One of Naraku's insects comes up to them and informs them that Inuyasha is coming after Jakotsu alone as Mukotsu asks about Kagome and tecna taking an interest in her. Jakotsu says he just wants Inuyasha and will keep him busy until Mukotsu can get the sacred jewel shards from Kagome.

Mukotsu again asks about Kagome and tecna , to which Jakotsu tells him she was "all his" and to "enjoy" as he walks away. Mukotsu then says, "I will." He then goes on to make more poisonous gasses.

Meanwhile ,Kagome is helping tecna scan the area when they come upon a well with a woman lying next to it dead.
" tecna!" Kagome gasped in horror as tecna looks at the body in horror.
They then see the poisonous gas following after it finding more village people scattered about the ground also dead.
" tecna let's go tell the others." Kagome suggests.
" strange my sensors are reading something coming." Kagome gasped.
As Mukotsu then arrives producing more gasses.
" these gases are not poisonous there paralyzing us ..." tecna says weakly to Kagome as she then tries to transform but her body was frozen.
As Mukotsu reaches for them .

Sango,musa,flora , shippo and Miroku come to their aid and realize he was the one behind the gas attacks.
" let them go !" Flora shouts as she attacks.
" natures spiritual blast! "

Mukotsu blocks the attack as flora tells musa  to go find inyuasha  leaving

Mukotsu blocks the attack as flora tells musa to go find inyuasha leaving

Flora ,Miroku and Sango then demand to know who resurrected Mukotsu realizing he is one of the Band of Seven, but are refused answers before being drenched in gas and left unconscious.

Mukotsu then kidnaps Kagome along with tecna .

Meanwhile Inuyasha stumbles upon Jakotsu and enters into an intense battle with him.
However, Kagome and tecna is taken to Mukotsu's hut where he reveals his plans to marry them both .
" what ?!" Both girls gasp in horror.
" yuck !" Tecna says disgusted.
" but why ?!" Kagome shouts in shock .
" I like brains and beauty!" Mukotsu says to them both.
Back with inyuasha,
He is struggling to win against Jakotsu with his rare sword as musa soon comes up .
" musa what are you doing here ?!" Inyuasha said shocked.
" kagome and tecna have been taken !" She cried .
" miroku had one job !" Inyuasha says annoyed.
" sound wave cage ." Musa Trows her cage attack at Jakotsu who will be stuck for some short Time .
Allowing Inuyasha and her to quickly flee after them

Somewhere else Mukotsu gets ready with with his marriage ceremony to Kagome and tecna as tecna whispers to her they must get a hold of the jewel shard in his neck.

Sango and Miroku and flora come come to rescue them as Mukotsu is quick to use yet another gas that this time enters the body through the skin and eyes rendering everyone useless.

As Mukotsu thinks he is victorious Kagome stabs him in the throat. However, Mukotsu is unharmed and slaps her and furiously asks if "his face repels her too"
She stares at him not answering him .
" your insane ." Tecna says as he tells them there not fit to be his bride and begins to strangle both of them .

Sesshōmaru arrives on the scene and strikes him with his claws obviously unaffected by the gas.
" are you alright." He asked tecna who was still catching her breath.
" yeah thanks ." He then notices musa was missing

Sesshōmaru then demands to know where Inuyasha and musa was as Mukotsu asks who he is.

Sesshōmaru replies, "I was just about to ask you that" Mukotsu voices his shock that he'd kill someone whom he does not know.

Sesshōmaru glares at him

Sesshōmaru glares at him . " ill only attack the likes of you if you cause harm to something of mine ." He growled as
He then begins to attack him using all his best gasses specifically designed to kill demons but Sesshōmaru easily overpowers and kills him.

As Inuyasha and musa then quickly arrive once seeing Kagome, Sango , flora and Miroku's bodies, demands to know what Sesshōmaru did .
" Sesshōmaru ?" Musa questions as tecna explained he saved them .
Sesshōmaru states that he did not save his group but just was checking on musa and tecna to make sure inyuasha didn't allow them to die at his hands .

He then tells him that he caught Kohaku's scent, indicating Naraku must be close by and asks Inuyasha where Naraku is.
Inuyasha says they haven't been able to locate him and that they now have the Band of Seven coming after them meaning Naraku must be near though Sesshōmaru then leaves.

Shippō and Inuyasha along with musa then tend to Kagome, tecna ,flora , Miroku and Sango. Inuyasha holds flora before she falls unconscious.

" inyuasha ?" Shippo questions

Inuyasha then angrily says to them that he should have stayed with her.

" it's not your fault ." Musa says putting a hand on his shoulder.

Meanwhile, Rin and Jaken are waiting for Sesshōmaru.

Rin sees Kohaku pass by . She then worries for his safety if Sesshōmaru were to find him.

Renkotsu and Jakotsu during this time are currently at the Monk's temple where Renkotsu killed all the monks earlier on.

They discuss about Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru and about Naraku who told the leader of the group that if they killed Inuyasha and his friends the jewel shards would be theirs he also warns them about the fairy's who accompany them they both looked shocked .

They then talk about the inu group being exposed to the poisonous gas to which they say it will kill them by nightfall.

~

Inuyasha fights with Ginkotsu as he orders musa , Kirara and Shippō to get the group to safety .

As They make it to a monk's temple unaware that Renkotsu has taken over the place.

Later after he's battle Inuyasha runs back to his group.

He finally arrives at the temple where musa and the others are under Renkotsu's spell but is distracted by the return of Ginkotsu.

Renkotsu sets the temple on fire before revealing that he is also a member of the Band of Seven By the time Inuyasha finds his friends with hopes to save them from the burning temple .

Shippo carries their bodies outside while he cries and tells him that they have all stopped breathing horrifying him.