Chapter twenty one

As the group begins to chase after them, Naraku rises from below to their pursuit. As Tecna realizes
the Naraku standing before them is just another one of his tricks as his kugutsu.

Kagome feels something off about the kugutsu but doesn't know what. As the
kugutsu increases in size and grows several tentacles saying it won't let them pass Inuyasha blows it away with a single blast of his wind scar With the way cleared Kōga decides to take off after the Shichinintai commenting  Inuyasha would only let them get away.

Flora then tells Inuyasha to wait as She explains to the kugutsu he destroyed feels clean.
He stares at her before disagreeing with her.

"she's right they feel similar to the way Mt. Hakurei feels..clean. " Tecna informed.
As inyuasha looked back at flora to say something but she looked away upset .

Miroku agrees with her and Kagome as  Shippō mentions it smells nice. Sango says it smells like water and flowers and Inuyasha confirms this. They all wonder why a demon's kugutsu would be made from anything that this one is.

Inuyasha tells the group his plan to find Naraku. Since a kugutsu is typically made of whatever earthly elements are lying around he proposes to search for the scent of the water and flowers that comprised Naraku's kugutsu, believing it would lead them to his location.

" What about the Shichinintai? " tecna says as Inuyasha grimly assures her that if they keep hunting for Naraku, they'll come across the band of mercenaries soon enough.

~

Later,
The Gang is still looking for water as Inuyasha is going to different bodies of water trying to decide if the water smells like Naraku.

Meanwhile, Sango is flying on Kirara around Mount Hakurei as Kirara hits the barrier and gets pushed back realizeing They can't get any closer.

Sango Then returns to the group and informed them that it's no use. The barrier around Mount Hakurei is stronger than ever as Inuyasha finds comfort in the fact that they're closing in on Naraku.

Inuyasha's voice disrupts their conversation as he asks about the sacred island.

Shintarō takes them to his home and tells them that Hijiri Island is an island at the center of the lake where ordinary men can't set foot. For generations only men of his household could cross the sacred ground and care for the Great Priest, Hakushin. Hakushin was a powerful priest who lived in the area over a hundred years ago who became a living Buddha and was enshrined in a small temple on the island. Miroku explains to the gang that it means that the man reached enlightenment while still alive.