Chapter 23

Kagura attacks  knowing Miroku will not use his Wind Tunnel attack with Saimyōshō present. Kagura springs the trap as the pair defends themselves as Sango's Hiraikotsu hits her while Miroku uses  his Seibai attacks.

During the battle , Kagura destroys a part of the stair pathway stranding Miroku and Sango on opposite sides of the chasm.

Angered at her Sango hurls the Hiraikotsu at Kagura but the weapon is repelled wounding her as Miroku leaps the abyss to Sango's defense but Kagura releases another demon offensive he opens the Wind Tunnel heedless of personal risk.

As a stream of deadly demons flow into the void causing Miroku weakens from the poison.

Meanwhile Outside on the mountain, the girls and Inuyasha wait patiently but too much time as passed and they suspect Miroku and Sango are in trouble.

Inuyasha makes a risky decision to search for them inside the barrier.

" what ?!" Flora says shocked

" I don't advise that the mountain can turn you human " tecna warns .

" im half-demon the barrier can't purify all of me so I'm the only person for the mission." Inyuasha says to tecna.
" inyuasha you can't go in ." Kagome says as he refused to listen to them .

" I'm going and that's final !" Inyuasha say's stubbornly shutting them all up .

" then I'm coming with you the mountain has no effect on fairy's since we're already pure" flora says but inyuasha snapped and tells her to stay here with kagome.

Meanwhile Inside the mountain, Miroku struggles to protect Sango as he continues to feel the effects of the poison , Bridging the gap in the stairs with Hiraikotsu , Miroku carries Sango across the breach, warding off a horde of hovering demons with threats of the Wind Tunnel. His body diminished by the poison as Miroku finally collapses while apologizing to Sango that he can't save her from the demons....

Alone on the road to Mt. Hakurei, Jakotsu whines and shivers his fight-tattered kimono little protection from the elements. He encounters a band of traveling merchants who posthumously provide him with a new kimono. Bankotsu discovers him at the merchant massacre, and the two rejoin forces, Jakotsu dutifully presenting Bankotsu with the Shikon shard retrieved from Suikotsu's body.

Back at Mt. Hakurei, things aren't going very well for Inuyasha as he thought it would since The purifying power of the barrier is stronger than Inuyasha expected .

"  found you ! " musa  says
Inyuasha turns shocked and faces her .
" I told you girls to stay with koga!" Inyuasha barked.
" no you told flora to stay with koga " musa responded .
Inyuasha sighs " did she tell you to fallow me ?"
Musa nods as
Renkotsu has appeared. Taking advantage of Inuyasha's weakness
Renkotsu blasts them  with his cannon, sending them  flying. Renkotsu's hope for victory is short-lived after he sees Inuyasha survived his latest salvo but he also notices something else about his young opponent ... Stunned by the blast through the barrier .

" inyuasha? Your human !" Musa whispered / shouted .
" what ?!" Inyuasha says recovering.

As Renkotsu opens fire again. Although his demon power is gone Inuyasha is still fast on his feet and picks up musa while he darts inside a convenient crevice in the mountainside.

Renkotsu is too big to pursue him, but a recently arrived Jakotsu is just the right size to follow Inuyasha inside the mountain.

Inside Mt. Hakurei, Sango also wakes up to a surprise an unconscious Miroku lying on top of her. Sango sees Miroku is badly injured as they are threatened by a host of hovering demons, poised to kill.