18 - backing out

age: 15
mom: scarlett
dad: colin
sister: rose
brother: cosmo
rose's age: 8
cosmo's age: 4

-

Y/N'S POV
I was going out with my friend today, i was really excited as i hadn't been out and about with friends in a long time due to the fact that i just wanted to stay in bed every day.

We were going shopping which is something i can like one day then hate the next, but today i was excited, i had a few things i wanted to get and it was my mom's birthday in about a month so i needed to be getting her a present.

"What time are you back?" Mom asks me, i shrug my shoulders, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a sip, placing it in the fridge, i check my phone and i've still got 10 minutes.

"Do you need anymore money?" Mom asks me, i check my purse and i have enough, but a little extra wouldn't hurt, i look up at my mom and i think she knows i have enough.

"Here, cheeky" She ruffles my hair and kisses my head, i take it from her with a thank you.

"And you're alright getting back? You don't need me or daddy to pick you up?" Mom asks placing the butter beside the stove where she was making some dinner for tonight.

"No it's okay, Eve's bringing me back" I smile, she nods her head and i linger in the kitchen for a few more minutes before it's time to go.

I give my mom a hug and say goodbye before leaving the house, i walk to the end of the street where Eve was picking me up, but she wasn't here yet.

After waiting 5 minutes i gave her a text to ask where she was as there was still no sign of her, i was getting kind of nervous because what if she forgot to pick me up and is already at the mall.

I receive a message on my phone from Eve and instantly click on it, a frown falls on my face when i read her text and it tells me that she can't come, there wasn't really an explanation as to why but it was something to do with her brother.

Turning on my feet, i walk back to my house slowly, through the kitchen window i can see my dad chucking Rose in the air and Cosmo lifting his arms up to him to be picked up as well.

When i open the door i see my mom come out of the kitchen, her face mixed with confusion, i look at her sadly and slide my shoes off my feet.

"What's wrong baby, i though you were going to the mall" Mom asks me rubbing my back, i shake my head and reach out and wrap my arms around her, i shouldn't feel upset because it's not Eve's fault, but i was really excited.

"Eve's not going" I mumble and wrap my arms around her neck, mom hums sadly and wraps her arms back around me, rubbing my back again and kissing the side of my head.

"That's okay honey, i've almost finished making dinner, then we can all watch a movie in the front room, yeah?" Mom asks me, i nod my head and she pulls away, taking my hand and leading me to the kitchen.

Dad notices i'm back and he also has a confused look on his face but i avoid eye contact and take a seat at the kitchen table on the chair.

"Everything alright sweetheart?" He asks placing a hand on my back and tilting his head down in front of mine, i nod my head and keep looking down at my lap, he kisses the side of my head and pats my shoulder.

When he moves, i place my arms on the table and bury my head inside of them, he pats my back once more before going over to mom and i can hear them murmuring but can't make anything out due to Cosmo and Rose playing beside me.

This past week i've been an emotional wreck, and this hasn't really helped which is why i am now crying in my arms and trying to be as quite as i can, but i can feel my body shaking which will immediately give away the fact that i am crying.

"Baby, don't cry. I'll take you out shopping tomorrow" Mom says wrapping her arms around my shoulder, i lean forward and place my head on my mom's stomach.

"But i wanted to go today" I let out in a childish tone and in a whiny voice.

"I know you did sweetheart, it's okay, you don't need to cry" Mom smiles shaking her head and wiping my tears, i look over at dad who is sympathetically looking at me.

"She always does this, and it's not her fault but i was so e-excited" I sob, mixing my words up and stuttering.

"Why doesn't daddy plate up dinner and we go pick out a movie and get blankets with Cos and Rose" Mom suggests, i nod my head and look at dad who agrees and smiles.

Mom stands me up and takes my hand and walks me out of the kitchen going down to the living room where Rose and Cosmo ran off to to play.

"Who wants to get some blankets for movie night!" Mom shouts happily, still keeping a hold of my hand, Rose and Cosmo jump to their feet and shout raising their arms in the air.

"One at a time bring them down, we don't want any accidents or anymore tears" Mom says sternly to my siblings who nod their head.

"Why's Y/n crying?" Cosmo asks coming up to me and mom, Rose following behind him as they both stare at me.

"Her friend couldn't go shopping and that made her sad, why don't you give her a cuddle?" Mom suggests running her hand through his hair, Cosmo nods his head and wraps his arms around my legs, Rose coming behind home and wrapping hers around my waist.

"Thanks guys" I chuckle wiping under my eyes and patting their head with my left hand as mom was holding my right hand still and i was not letting go of it any time soon.

Rose and Cosmo run off and upstairs to go and get the blankets that they needed, mom had a sea grass basket in the corner of the living room which contained more blankets and some pillows, so they'll be the ones we use.

Dad soon finished platting up our meals and brought them through, mom organised coffee tables and miniature tables in front of the sofa for us to eat off of, that also meant she had to let go of my hand, which i was not happy about.

"Momma we got them" Rose says with a smile as her and Cosmo come back into the living room, mom smiles and lets Rose and Cosmo wander over to where their dinner was placed.

"What movie are we watching?" Cosmo asks climbing onto the sofa with his blanket, Rose doing the same but curling up against the arm of the sofa, dad also came back in and sat beside me and Cosmo.

"Whatever film Cosmo would like first so he can go to bed after, and then Rose and so on" Mom suggests, me and dad nod our head and Rose has a little huff because she wants picking the movie first and Cosmo had a little huff because he had to go to bed.

"I'm not going to bed" Cosmo said glaring over at mom who raised her eyebrow.

"Yes you are young man" She said, Cosmo huffed again but picked out the movie he wanted and started to eat his dinner, i only started eating mine half way through the movie because i didn't have much of an appetite but mom told me to start eating, even though i just wanted to cuddle with her.

-

i want a movie night with these