s i x

•

In Seong's hands were stained with his own blood as he walked with the kids. He pressed his hands together, attempting to stop the blood. Yeong Su was still in his arms as they walked up the stairs. In Seong had all of Yeong Su's weight on his arm as they walked. Su Yeong held onto the hem of In Seong's hoodie. "Is he not coming back, hyung?" Yeong Su questioned.

In Seong shushed him, reminded the six-year-old that they couldn't speak. The blind monster could be around any corner. 

"Is he dead?"

"Yeong Su," In Seong didn't need to have these questions asked right now. He had to get to the kids to Du Sik's until he could head back downstairs. In Seong stopped, seeing the tears rolling down Yeong Su's face. Then suddenly, his arm felt wet. He looked down, seeing that Yeong Su had urinated on himself and Inseong's arm. 

In Seong set down Yeong Su. "Shh, it's okay," In Seong wiped Yeong Su's face with the clean sleeve. He then pulled the hoodie off his body. In Seong removed the other things from the pocket of his hoodie. "It's okay to be scared." In Seong looked from Yeong Su to Su Yeong, "Both of you." 

In Seong then ripped the hoodie at the sleeve, wrapping it around the palm of his hand. "Let's-" His hand went to his mouth instantly when the door flung open. The kids grabbed onto In Seong as the blind monster came through the door. In Seong swallowed hard. 

The monster started to sniff the air. "Where are you?" In Seong lowered his hand, pulling one of the trick knives from his back pocket. "I can't see!" The monster roared. In Seong looked back at Su Yeong. She nodded, placing her hands over hers and her brother's mouths to keep themselves silent. In Seong flipped the knife out, catching it between his fingers so the metal didn't clink together. 

In Seong pointed the knife out as the monster stepped closer, hand out. In Seong watched as the monster move to the side, nails scraping against the wall as it went back the way it came from. In Seong could continue to hear the nails dragging across the wall as the monster walked away. 

In Seong let out a shaky breath as he looked behind at the kids. He placed a finger to his lips. Su Yeong did the same to her little brother to remind him they couldn't make a sound from here on out. In Seong froze in mid-step when he heard concrete being shattered. 'Oh, fuck me.' The three of them looked back when they started to hear the steroid monster coming up the stairs. 

"Down!" In Seong shouted as he grabbed the kids. The three of them landed on the stairs as the blind monster's arm shot through the open door. It hit the steroid monster straight in the chest. In Seong looked at the blind monster, grabbing a hold of both kids. He slowly and carefully got up on his feet, bending forward to avoid the arm. In Seong held the kids' shoulders, making them exit the stairwell as the two monsters fought themselves. "Run!" In Seong ordered.

He hurried the kids down the hall. In Seong didn't look back as he ran with the kids. At that moment, In Seong had to think of a new plan to get to Du Sik. And having Yeong Su remind him where they were supposed to go wasn't helpful either. "This is the fifteenth floor." Yeong Su said.