t w e n t y - f i v e

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟽𝟶 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙸𝚉𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺

There were two soldiers that In Seong told himself he'd stay away from.

Sergeant Tak In Hwan and his second-in-command Kim Young Hoo.

They were the two soldiers that had everything under control in the shelter. All the soldiers who survived were under their command. Tak was the number one person that In Seong wanted to avoid while he stayed in the shelter. Just something about him, In Seong didn't like, much like Chief Ji. In Seong couldn't put his finger on what it was that made him feel that way, but he avoided Tak like the plague.

As for Kim Young Hoo, In Seong didn't have the same feelings as he did Tak. Young Hoo wasn't as bad as Tak, but at the same time, In Seong wanted to stay away from him.

The main reason was if there was a serious offense that happened within the underground shelter, the survivors were brought to one of them.

In Seong stood around, letting the soldiers get yet another headcount for the day. In Seong wasn't going to lie, the random checks that happened during the week were the most annoying part of this shelter. Sometimes In Seong wondered if the soldiers were just power hungry and wanted to show off that they were better than the other survivors.

In Seong wasn't entirely sure, but down the line of survivors, the soldiers made twelve of them check their status. In Seong never understood the sudden checks – although, In Seong was fairly certain that he'd be chosen from his group, yet again. For whatever reason, this soldier had it out for In Seong. He wasn't sure what he did personally to the soldier, but he got singled out whenever the soldiers called for a random check.

In Seong tapped his fingers against the knife in his pocket as the soldiers continued down the hall. In Seong looked at the palm of his hand, seeing the wound from last week still healing. He hoped that the soldiers took that as proof because In Seong didn't feel like slicing open his hand again.

Jin Ok stood next to him with Yeong Su.

"I will never understand the obsession these guys have with checking us." In Seong whispered.

"In Seong, please," Jin Ok didn't want drama – In Seong was already on a short leash with the military officials. She didn't want him to cause more trouble when others already didn't like them. Jin Ok just wanted In Seong to behave and be a good influence on Yeong Su and the other kids.

In Seong crossed his arms, going silent.

The soldier continued to make their way down to where In Seong, Jin Ok, and Yeong Su were standing. Jin Ok's hands were on Yeong Su's shoulders, keeping him in place. Like In Seong, Yeong Su was annoyed with the soldiers as well – they had interrupted a game he was playing with Su Ji.