t w e n t y - f o u r

•

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟼𝟶 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙸𝚉𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺

In Seong finally was able to get the makeshift cast off his leg. That whack-job scientist, doctor, whoever the fuck he was, did heal In Seong right up. After a month of bedrest due to his ankle injury and intense stomach bruising, In Seong was given the all clear to walk around. And the last 30 days, In Seong was allowed to walk around with a "cast" on his leg. It wasn't standard issued, but they were working with what they could find.

In Seong was just happy that he was able to get that cast off. He was told to keep his leg elevated for the next week and not to overdo it. Not that In Seong could overdo it – the survivors were stuck underground, using the train station as their home base while they survived the monsterization outbreak. It wasn't as fun as the others made it out to be.

The rules were harsher than Eun Hyuk's rules back at Green Home.

Every morning and evening, they had to line up for a headcount to make sure everyone was still there. If you missed a headcount, the soldiers would find you and find out why. In Seong's ankle injury wasn't an exception to that rule. Despite the soldiers knowing damn well about In Seong's broken ankle, he still had to stand up and be present every headcount.

If the soldiers suspected that someone was turning into a monster, they forced the survivors to cut their hand to show the soldiers that they were still human. In Seong got a nosebleed once, due to the dry air and the soldiers nearly had him in a corner until he showed them he was still human. There were several scars across In Seong's palm from his own blades to show the fact he wasn't a monster.

They also expected people to get up and help – whether it was voluntary or if you were chosen. Whether it was laundry, making food, or helping rebuild the stadium as the request of Chief Ji, everyone was required to help at some point during their stay.

But the final rule really fucked with In Seong.

Unless you were helping repair the stadium or a member of the military, no one was allowed outside. The survivors had to stay in the tunnels under the stadium. Keeping over 400 people locked away from the outside world wasn't going completely accounting to plan. In Seong knew that many of them had no desire to see the outside world again – the monsters were still roaming around.

That led to another rule, if there was a monster attack outside, the military were in charge. The survivors had to gather and wait until they were given the OK. The survivors would be able to hear the gunfire and the explosions from outside. It was scary the first time In Seong heard it.

But in the back of In Seong's mind, he wondered if the monster was actually attacking or looking for shelter themselves.

In Seong looked around as he made his way back to the rooms. Kids were running through the tunnels, laughing and giggling as they moved around In Seong. He looked over his shoulder as the kids ran around the corner. In Seong continued on his way, limping slightly.