t w e n t y - three

In Seong woke up to the sound of gunfire in the bus. He whirled his head around to see Jae Hwan being shot. The survivor they picked up pointed a shotgun in Jae Hwan's direction. However, Jae Hwan didn't even acknowledge the bullet wound to his shoulder. "Oh fuck!" In Seong shouted when he saw Jae Hwan's eyes. The older survivor fired again, this time into Jae Hwan's stomach.

"In Seong, down!" In Seong looked to the window, seeing the soldier pointing his gun at Jae Hwan. In Seong and Su Ji ducked as the bullets broke through the windows. The older survivor ordered the others to get out of the bus, he grabbed Su Yeong in the process. In Seong turned back around when Jae Hwan stood up. His eyes widened at the state of Jae Hwan.

Hye In ran off the bus screaming. The others followed quickly behind her to get away from the monster that Jae Hwan was turning into. The survivor continued to shoot at Jae Hwan as the soldier climbed back onto the bus to take Su Yeong from him. In Seong grabbed Yeong Su to keep him from getting close to the bus.

Jae Hwan was complaining about where his face was. In Seong had never seen a monster like Jae Hwan before – he thought Jae Hwan was into his looks a little too much, but nothing like this. His inner monster was becoming his outer monster. Jae Hwan stumbled off the bus, ripping his shirt in the process. The ugly face of the monster was on Jae Hwan's chest.

In Seong was going to have nightmares of Jae Hwan's monster for a long ass time.

The older survivor pulled out a bottle of some kind of alcohol, pouring it all over the ground where Jae Hwan was tripping and stumbling. However, Jae Hwan got a good look at his face. "My damn face!" In Seong's hands went over his ears as Jae Hwan screamed and screeched. "I'm not pretty!"

Su Ji stumbled back from the pain. His ears were ringing louder than any concert he had been to.

In Seong's eyes clamped shut, trying not to pass out from the pounding in his ears. He opened his eyes slightly when the ringing abruptly stopped. He looked forward, seeing Ji Su standing there with the blow torch in hand. Jae Hwan was going up in flames. In Seong pressed his hands against his ears harder as Jae Hwan's cries and shouts echoed and throbbed in his head.

When the noise started to lower, In Seong hesitated before lowering his hands. He looked over at Jae Hwan as he fell to the ground.

In Seong turned his head to Jin Ok and Su Yeong. His face fell the moment he looked at Su Yeong. Yeong Su made his way over to his sister, trying to wake her up. In Seong placed his hand over his mouth. The tears filled In Seong's eyes realizing what Jae Hwan had done before the rest of the survivors woke up by the gunshot.

Jae Hwan had killed Su Yeong.

In Seong allowed himself a short time with Su Yeong, saying his goodbyes silently to her. Like Jae Heon, he never wanted to see her die. In Seong felt horrible about her death, considering he was able to save them back at Green Home with Hyun Soo. It was hard to see someone so young die the way she did.