Chapter 2

Samantha's POV

After school, I bid goodbye to my friends and made my way home, feeling the need for a nap. As I entered the house, I noticed Auntie engrossed in reading some papers. Approaching her quietly, I gently planted a kiss on her cheek, causing her to startle. I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction.

"Oh my you scared me" she said while breathing heavily.

"Sorry Aunt you just seems so occupied with what you are reading" I said smiling

"Oh it's just some bills that we need to pay next month" she said sadly so I looked at the paper bills on the table

"Err that's a lot" I said worriedly

Our bills are getting higher and higher. I don't know if I could still continue my studies if this don't get unsolve immediately.

"Don't worry I'll do something about it, now go to your room and take a rest, don't worry about this" she said assuring me. I just sigh and kiss her on the head.

"Don't worry Aunt Meliss.. I'll find other job for weekends to pay those bills"

"No you don't have to.. you have school works so you can't work at weekends besides the money that you are giving to me are enough"

"No Aunt it's not.. I can multitask just let me help you, I don't want to stress you too much. That's why we're both here right? To help each other and as long as I can I will try" I said to her trying to lessen her worries.

"Oh I'm so lucky to have you dear" she said before hugging me, I hugged her back tightly.

To be honest, I'm in the verge of crying. There's no assurance that I can win this fight. And that's scaring the shit out of me. What will just happen to us?

Sigh

Erase. Erase. Erase.

Stop overthinking Samantha. Think positive, don't loose hope. You can do this. You coped every challenges that the world thrown to you, this is just one of those.

"No Aunt I'm much lucky to have you by my side and don't worry when I graduate you don't have to work. I'll make you my Queen on my mansion... our mansion" I said to her while smiling and dreaming of our future together.

"Oh you kid.. you're so full of yourself" I laughed at what she said

"Nuh just have faith on me"

"Haayyss dear... I'm not always by your side.. the day will come and your life will fully change. And if that happens just remember that I'm always here guiding you" her voice are now shaky.

"Shhh we'll make through this... together" I tried to calm her down.

"You don't understand Samantha... your destiny is already engraved and someday you'll be in a world that different from here. So strengthen yourself" she whispered to me. I furrowed my eyebrows because her words have a deeper meaning on it.

"I-i don't understand.. w-what are you trying to say Auntie?" I said nervously.

"Nothing dear now go to your room, You have work later so take a quick nap" she said and loosen her grip on me. I just obeyed her and not ask much question. Maybe Aunt just thought that my life will change when I got fully successful in life and she wouldn't be here anymore by that time.

But I'll make sure to take good care of her. I promise that.

-----

"Hey, loser!!!"

As I diligently cleaned the counter table at the renowned bar in our town, "Rock Y'r Booty," a familiar voice shouted. I turned around to see who it was. This place has been my workplace ever since Jess's dad took me in when I was 17. Although it's not my preferred environment due to the crowded nature, this job has been a lifeline for me.