Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

"Wow you're already here after you took a solid 30 minutes bathe." Avery sarcastically said after I sat down beside her.

"Yeah you beat flash for being so fast. Why don't you go back there again and take another half  hour, hmm? I swear we won't mind" Jess said giving me a fake smile. I just pout at them and jab a hotdog on the plate and put it in my mouth.

"The audacity of this woman." I just ignore Avery to annoy her even more and enjoy my meal.

We finished eating and I volunteered to wash the dishes to make up for them because I made them wait for me for so long that they almost starved to death.

"Where are everyone else?" I asked Aves when I flopped down the couch next to her. She's engrossed in her phone that she haven't notice me yet.

"Hey!" I tickled her on the side that made her squirm and I immediately receive a smack. I grimace in pain and caress my right arm that she stricken.

"What was that for?" that freakin' hurts.

"You startled me you dumbass" she said before rolling her eyes.

I took a peek at her phone but she put it out of my reach . "What are you doing?"

"Nothin, dad's been texting me lately."  she slowly sigh that made me worried.

"Is everything alright?"

She looked at me for a second then suddenly her eyes lit up as if she think of an idea. "Do you guys want to come with me on a trip?" I can hear the excitement in her voice and the anticipation in her eyes. But I'm sad that I'd be the one to take it away from her.

"Aves" I sadly called her name in a low voice. She pouted knowing what I'm about to say.

"Don't give me that look will you? You know that I have mountains of schedules to do and I can't leave Aunt behind" I want to come with her to have some peace of mind as well and enjoy. But the world is evolving and I can't just stay where I'm standing. I have to study hard and work as long as I can. Avery and I are not in the same level, she have everything she wants while I need to work harder to claim what I needed. That's why I need to pursue even more.

I felt her hand holds mine. "Yeah you're right. I'm sorry I just want to be with you guys with this trip. Dad wants me to come with him in London for his business trip. And I thought it would be cool to have you guys with me." she said sincerely that made me melt.

"Oh you kid" I hugged her to say that it's okay.

"Sorry, I can't come. Just bring souvenir when you get back." she laugh lightly at what I've said and loosen her arms around me.

"Of course I would. We're just going to stay there for a week."  she said with her usual smile that put me at ease.

"Okay, I'll just head upstairs 'kay?" I've decided to take a tour here in Olivia's house because I still haven't seen half of the place. Perhaps there would be something that would catch my interest.

"Where are you going?" she curiously asked.

"I'll just roam around before we head home" her eyes were filled with worries the moment I said that.

"Aves, you okay?" I suddenly remembered the time when she acted like this last night. I can see the same fear in her eyes right now. That made me more curious and worried as to what she's been keeping.

"Uh y-yeah, just be quick. We'll head home in a few hours." she said and averted her gaze at her phone.

Why does I feel like she's avoiding something, like she wants to tell something to me yet, there's nothing coming out of her mouth. I just sigh and head upstairs, letting her compose herself for awhile cause I'll be seeking for answers later.