Chapter 18

Samantha's POV

"Well, I guess that old woman knows something" Avery states.

As we walked towards her car, I couldn't help but reflect on the situation. "It's intriguing how she knew we would choose that particular book," I mused aloud. "It's almost as if she had been expecting us."

"Maybe she really was, considering what she said" she uttered in a low tone as she kicked some pebbles along the way.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just.. all these happenings are making me feel dizzy. This nature is all new to me and it felt weird. I didn't even know that this kind of stuff does exist."

"Trust me I've been in your shoes before, and I'm still a bit progressing it all. But when everything became clearer to me and I figured out what was happening, that everything was starting to take a different turn. I got more intrigued about it even though I know that at some point it can be dangerous. There's this side of me being scared of what I get myself into. But there's this side of me as well that wants to know more about the situation, like I have a role to fulfil. You know that I always wanted a life where everything seems to be full of clouds and rainbows right? A life where I get a nice job and a big house for Aunt and myself and everything is just as perfect as I wanted. But all of the current unbelievable events that have been going on changed the perspective that I engraved in my mind along the way of growing up. I know I have something more to do, especially about myself. I thought I knew the person I am today, but the truth is I only know bits and pieces. And I want to cover up those holes that are making me incomplete. And you guys being here for me makes me feel at ease knowing I have someone to run into when everything falls apart" I felt that there were a lot of forces that were waiting for me. All eyes were on me, waiting for the right time to attack. I have a hint of what it is, or what they are. And I don't know what might happen if I don't get a grip on everything around me.

"Of course, I'm always here for you, me and Jessy. But to be honest, I'm freaking scared as shit" she said as she tapped my shoulder with a grimace that can be seen in her face. I gave her an appreciative smile to show my gratitude. Oh boy, I'm lucky as hell. I don't want to drag them into my mess. But knowing her, she wouldn't want me to be alone in any way possible. Even if she's pussy sometimes, I know she wouldn't coward when it comes to helping her friends.

"I know Aves, I'm scared as well"

Ever since we got to know each other, we're like a bundle of sticks that are hard to get separated, like we're meant to be stuck forever in each other's company. And I'm not complaining one bit because hell who am I to refuse such a miracle?

"I'm still confused though, about the voice that led us to this book. And why would she use me instead of directly saying it to you? Isn't that much easier?" she uttered with a deep thought.

"She"

"Yeah, she. And it's not the only thing that is bothering me" she says as she bit her bottom lip.

"Is there something else that you want to tell me?"

"Well, I... I felt sort of different things. when I heard it. Her voice.. held so much gentleness and softness.. and I couldn't clarify what was happening to me. I just felt something I wasn't supposed to feel" I can see her blood rushing to her face, making her look like a tomato.

"Oh" my eyes widen and I fight the urge to laugh. I think I know what exactly is happening. I just wonder who could she be.

"Then I guess you'll be exploring more with me" I smirked at her as I hopped into the car.

"What does that even suppose to mean?" she asks curiously as she hops in the driver's seat.

"Nothing.. but maybe one of the reasons she came to you was because you already got yourself involved from the beginning. Mostly because of the encounter with the guys that made her think of it, to show you what you were supposed to do and to lead you to the right way, on how you'd gonna deal with that situation," I plastered an innocent smile that made her eyebrows raised in confusion.