Chapter 8

Samantha's POV

"Samantha table 13 please" Alex gave me the tray of food that I will be serving.

I'm at my working place in the coffee shop at the moment and I still have an hour before I left. And it's been days since we go to Olivia's place yet I was still thinking about it.

That day when I was about to open that door Olivia caught me on the action then asked me to head downstairs because the others were waiting for me.

I was nervous because I thought she would be mad at me. But she just acted normal like everything was okay. Although for a moment I saw the fear in her eyes that I never thought she has. I don't want to interfere even farther because I'm afraid she would snap at me so I just comply and head downstairs without uttering a single word for my safety.

Flashback*

"Where's Olivia? I asked her to look for you because obviously you're contemplating around again" Avery said with her hands on her hips.

"S-she asked me to head here. She said she'll follow in a few minutes, she's just going to do something" I said averting my gaze to somewhere but her.

There's some things that are entering my mind again. I feel like I'm trap with this thoughts for the rest of my life as long as I don't give an answer to them. I know Olivia is now our friend but I can't help but to have this doubt about her. She's definitely hiding something. Something that are important and I know that it's connected to me.

I don't know where I get that thought but something is telling me.

"Uhm guys I remembered I have to do some stuff in here so I guess I'll just follow after you" I didn't notice that Olivia is already here. I looked up at her because of the difference between our heights. I don't know if she doesn't notice me looking at her or she's just avoiding meeting my gaze.

"You sure? We can wait for you. Besides if I were you I wouldn't want to be left alone in the middle of the forest without anyone with me" Avery said suspiciously while mildly looking at Olivia. The two couple on the other hand were just flirting in the corner seems like lost with their own world.

Olivia chuckled that made me looked up at her again. She seems normal, she's really good at this. "Psh I'm used of being alone here. Besides this is my place and I make sure no other outsiders were stepping their foot on my property." She said meeting Avery' eyes.

Looks like Avery here figured out something. Something that she's been avoiding lately I believe. She said about someone last night that were caught off short by Nina who bursted through the door.

"Okay we'll go now." Aves said giving Oliv a hug.

"Okay, be careful on your way" Oliv said patting Avery' back.

The other two bid goodbye to her as well. While I just gave her a brief nod. She do the same while looking at me. Her eyes were soft for the second time. As if she didn't just ignored me lately... maybe for a reason.

Present*

"Enjoy your meal ma'am" I said with a smile to the customer that she reciprocated with one as well.

I was about to go to the counter when she called for me.

"Yes ma'am? Do you still need anything else?" I asked politely.

"Well I was just thinking if you could accompany me" she said with her smile not leaving her face while looking into my eyes. I think she's in her mid thirties. Hazel eyes just like mine, her feature that a bit like mine as well. The only difference is that her hair is light brown while mine is a darker color. Wow never seen someone who have a lot of similarity to me.