Chapter 21

Azrael's POV

My fist slammed down on the table before I hurled it against the wall. "Where is she?!" I roared, my anger boiling over as I locked eyes with her. I wished I could rip those eyes right out of her skull.

She cleared her throat, attempting to maintain her composure. "I'll find her—"

In a split second, I was in front of her, my hand gripping her throat as I slammed her against the wall. My palm pressed into her neck, squeezing just enough to make her cough.

"Don't test me, Vera," I hissed into her ear, my breath shaky with barely contained rage. Despite her emotionless facade, I could see the fear flickering in her eyes as she struggled futilely against my grip.

"I-I promise to f-find her in no time," she choked out, her voice barely a whisper as she fought for breath.

I released my grip on her throat, stepping back to give her room to breathe. She gasped for air, clutching her neck as she slid down the wall to the floor.

"See that you do," I growled, my voice low and threatening. "And remember, Vera, if anything happens to Samantha, you'll wish I had ended you here and now."

Without another word, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the room. My mind was a whirlwind of worry and anger. Samantha was out there somewhere, possibly in danger, and I felt helpless.

I needed to find her, and fast. I decided to head to her house, hoping to pick up on any clues or traces of her. But I was being interrupted on my way.

"Sorry to disturb you my lady, but we have a problem," said by one of my men. If I'm not being mistaken, he's one of the staff that I assigned to deal with some business along with my omega.

"What?!" I exclaimed, not in the proper state to hear some shit.

He lowered his head even more before speaking with visible hesitation, "Mr. Black canceled our business alliances." what he said made me frown.

"And how is that being a problem?"

He got a little bit confused about my response" "W-well my lady, isn't that a problem?" He questioned while fidgeting his fingers out of nervousness as if at any moment I would snap his neck.

"You idiot, it's not our godamn loss," I growled before walking passed him, but made a halt when a thought crossed my mind. 

"Did he mention any possible reason for that?" I asked in a calm tone while getting a whirlwind of suspicion.

He walked forward with a bowed head. "I-I remembered him saying that.. he has already gotten what he wanted."

"He already got what he wanted" I repeated as I dug into a deeper sense.

My eyes widened as realization hit me.

"Gather up all the guards!!" I roared as I quickly dashed out of the pack house. My nerves pounding at a quick pace as everything makes sense to me. I should have considered my gut all along. He planned this to distract me. He made a move while my eyes were off of her. And he wouldn't take less for that.

In a split second, Vera was walking beside me. "What is happening? Why are you gathering all the men? I told you that I would find her—