Chapter 12

Unknowns POV

"Why are you still making this too long?" this irritating brat keeps on bothering me.

I'm sitting on my couch while twirling a goblet in my hand that was filled with blood as she pace around my chamber while complaining about some stuff.

"Why don't you just grab her and lock her in here where she's safe. Than to make me babysit her all the damn time" Grr I hate it when someone's talking to me like that. She's so damn lucky that I can't kill her. For some reason

"Get out" I said dismissively before taking a sip of my drink. Hmm better..

"If you're not doing it then I will. You know that I can't take a long time outside because Father will get suspicious of me." she sounds so worried and terrified when it comes to her parents. Coward

Sigh

"Patience, will get to that. But for now we still cant. It's still chaotic here and I want the best for her when she comes back home." I exclaimed wanting to put an end to this argument.

"Well then, I'm out. Find someone who can fully look after her. It's getting dangerous for me." she asserted as she flopped down beside me and put some champagne in her glass.

I turned to look at her. "I thought you want to gain my trust? Why you're being coward now?... And you're really scared of your parents? Psh I thought you're barbarous enough" I said teasingly before gulping the remaining blood in my glass.

"Haven't I proven myself yet?"

"Psh.. seriously? Prove? Do you know what kind of place you are in? This is not some kind of sick joke. You couldn't even put your 100% to your job then you're assuming I'll trust you that easily? Then, you're not deserving of anything. Are you really my *******? Because I don't remember having someone like you." What's wrong with this idiot? She's making my blood boil.

"Da—

"Look here, you see this place? War? Chaos? There's no peace in here men. That's why I'm counting on you to look after your Luna because I'm not always there to protect her." I put my hand over her shoulder and squeeze it a bit. "Do you want to put your Luna in danger?"

She sigh as she put her hands over her face and rested her elbows on her knees. "Don't you think she's much safer here with you? No one can cross your territory and I'm sure no one will attempt to." she looked up at me with those begging eyes. I wonder what her parents can do to scare her this much. I never seen her like this except when her parents were getting involved.

Sigh

"Vera"

She hummed in response.

I looked down at the floor and think for a second. "The truth is.. I s-she's.. d-don—

"Fuck just say it" she growl down at me as her  patience go smaller.

Sigh

"It's so sudden.. I don't think she will take this so easily. Didn't you see the terror in her eyes that night? She's fucking scared of me and I don't know if I can take that. I don't want her to be filled with fear towards me." I said with a low voice. I never felt so vulnerable in my entire existence. Only with her

"Oh my.. Geez.. Love will be the death of you" Vera said with a small smile plastered on her face.

"Psh you just don't know what that means to me."

The four corners of the room were filled with silence for a minute. Did I hit a nerve? Hope I didn't.

"Actually.. I did" the way she said that..she seems so.. broken?