Chapter 17

Samantha's POV

"What on earth are we doing at this time of night in a public library? Oh my Gosh, I'm gonna fucking kill you Avery" I hold her neck with my bare hands and jogged it. I told her that I had a job to do and here she was wasting my time.

"W-wait.. D-don't kill me bitch" she said as she tried to remove my hands from her neck. I let go of her and released a sigh of annoyance. What could be the reason of her bringing me here?

"Explain. Now"  I said sternly and folded my arms under my chest.

"Okay okay. Chill men.. no need to beat the living hell out of me. It's my friend." I was about to hit her head but she quickly dashed off.

Punk

I looked at my wristwatch that my friends bought for me on my eighteenth birthday. I scolded them for spending money just for me when in fact they didn't have too, their presence was enough. It's okay that they didn't give me anything as long as they were there with me on my special day. But I do admit that I was really happy because it was my first time receiving a birthday gift from someone. They used to throw parties for me but I guess they picked up on me not liking parties and gave me wrist watch for presents instead.

I'm planning to go back to work, but since I was already thirty minutes late I guess I'll just stick with whatever Avery is up to.

I moved farther into the store and saw her looking for something on the bookshelf.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as I looked at the various books that were placed neatly on the bookshelves.

"Are your eyes blurry—

"I mean what are you looking for? Avery if you want to study with me, you can just say it so we can reschedule the time. Not in the freaking night when you know I have a fucking job to attend to" I scolded her but she simply brushed it off.

I got tired of talking and looked for an interesting book for myself. Should I call Jessy?.. But Avery said not to drag her in here.

Okay then, besides she wouldn't be pleased hanging out in a bookstore anyway.

I ran my fingertips through the book's covers and picked one that caught my interest, I started to examine it. The smell of old wood makes me feel satisfied. I hadn't gotten the chance to read some novels again because my mind wouldn't be focused whenever I tried to. But looking at these bunches of books around me made me calm my mind a little. Maybe coming here isn't a bad idea after all.

I should brought this home with me. I still have a lot of books on my shelf that were unread but this one looks interesting to spare time with. I think it's about a love story between strangers. Both are lost and empty inside.. but when they run into each other, everything seems to change slowly in a rhythm and the once chaotic and empty heart, would be filled with serenity and love.
It read in its description.

I roamed around the numerous shelves with the book that I picked minutes ago placed in my hand, searching for more novels because I was sure I wouldn't get another chance to spare time doing this.

My mouth hung open when my eyes had a glimpse of a set of books that I've been dying to buy.

I briskly walked quietly towards it not to catch the librarian's attention and pressed it against my chest. Geez I've been looking for this online and here they are, waiting to be purchased in a public library. Call me bookworm but I just really love them. They always kept me occupied away from my boring life since I was still a kid that's why I do adore reading all day long.

"I found it!" Avery said a little bit louder than it should be which resulted in the librarian shushing her. She said a quick apology and dragged me to a seat in the far corner, out of the scary librarian's sight.