Chapter 16

Samantha's POV

"Aunt, how old was I when my parents died?"

Auntie Melissa and I are on our way to the local grocery store. It's Sunday morning and we've decided that we'll go buy some important stuff. This was what we always do together when I was still a kid but I guess a lot has changed as time goes by.

"Two.. you were two when they got into a car accident," she said before releasing a deep sigh. I can see the sadness in her eyes as she uttered those words, but why do I feel like it's not because of my parent's death? Something else is bothering her.

"Can you tell more about them? Do you have pictures of them or anything that belongs to them? You never really let me have a peek at their albums" I said a bit sulkily. She never really showed something that belonged to my parents, never in my entire life. She always says that she forgot where she put them and she'll try to find them, but I never got anything as I waited.

She took a deep sigh for the second time as she briskly walked onto the other side of the alley, completely ignoring my questions. I followed her as she entered the market. Maybe she's still trying to compose herself before telling me what I want to know, perhaps.

Or she doesn't know anything either.

"Where is that sauce?" I'm sure I saw it here last time. Maybe they're out of stock? But that's impossible-

"O-ohh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into- I stopped dead on my track as I found the last person that I wanted to see. My foot seemed to be glued to the floor as I held my breath.

"Hey to you too" A red-haired man greeted me with a wide cocky smirk plastered on his face. And those same playful green eyes that I saw that night.

I slowly backed away from him, I don't like the idea of being around this guy. There's this dark aura that's radiating from him that creeps me out.

"Wait, I'm not here to scare you off little one. I just want to give you some advice and save you while it's not too late, especially with the people you hang out with. I swear you wouldn't want to get involved with them." what is he saying? And who was he talking about?

"D-do you mean Olivia?" I whispered while roaming my eyes around the aisle. Good thing Auntie's on the other side of the shelves. I don't want her to see me with a guy, especially this guy.

"You got it.."

"What about her?" I don't know what this guy is up to, but it won't hurt to hear him out I guess.

"Let's just say that.. she's the type of person that will stab you from behind at times you least expected" I frown at his words. Is he trying to say that Olivia can betray me? No.. he's lying.. even if I don't understand Olivia at times, I know she will not do something that will fully break my trust. It's the least she will do. that's what I believe in. And besides, she would not help me that night if she had no good intentions right? Or is she pretending to be nice?

"I don't believe in you. You're just mad at her because she beat your ass last time, that's why you're trying to disparage her. Now leave me alone" His smirk got even wider as he shrugged his shoulders.

"You're hanging out with the wrong crowd-

"That's technically none of your business"

"Okay then, but remember that I did warn you.. so you don't get to blame anyone but yourself. Oh and wait.. here you go." He handed me the bottle of sauce that I was looking for. Where did he find this?

"See you around Samantha" and with that, he turned his back on me and started to walk away while wagging his arm in the air.

"I'll pay for it. I still have my payment from last month untouched" I uttered to Auntie as I handed cash to the cashier who was giving me a knowing look. I'm not in the mood to flirt so the best way I could think is to ignore her. Well, I never really know how to.