𝟐𝟔

𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘

𝐗𝐈𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗
𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀

"Girl I got the job! She hired me on the spot!" Ximora exclaimed as she carefully got back into India's car

"Ahhhhh period bitch! As you should!" India leaned over the seat and hugged her friend. "I knew you would get it. Why wouldn't you?"

"I don't knowww," Ximora trailed off. "I was thinking she wasn't going to because first of all she looked mean as hell and the way she talked to them girls up in there almost made me wanna walk out. Secondly, I didn't tell her I was pregnant so I thought walking up innere with a big ole belly would change her mind. And her shop is like the best and most busiest one in the city, who would've thought she was gon hire lil ole me?"

"But she did..." India nodded as she started to back out of her parking space.

"She indeed did. She said she needs more lash techs in her shop and I'm better than the ones she got up in there."

"Not she throwing shade," India chuckled.

"Literally," Ximora laughed shaking her head. "She better not do that fake shit with me."

"I would hope not. When do you start?"

"Next week Monday. Ima take Ubers and stuff cause I know you gon have work," She replied.

"Girl you sure? I could take you before I leave out. You know ion be out the house until like 9:30."

"I mean... I don't know. We'll see if we can make it work. My auntie also said she could take me and so did Kelo but he's on bed rest so I'm not letting him take me anywhere."

"Speaking of. Am I taking you to his crib or no?" India asked.

"Oh, yes. I texted him earlier and he didn't reply, I hope he's okay," Ximora frowned, pulling her phone out of her purse to see if he texted back and he still didn't. He got discharged from the hospital a couple days ago and Ximora made it her duty to check on him constantly since he literally had nobody else. No family, no friends, no siblings, it honestly hurt her heart when she thought about it.

"Mhm. Miss I have love for him. Girl you know you love that boy, ion know who you acting shy with," India snickered making Ximora roll her eyes.

"I do love him. As a friend and a dad to my kid of course," She shrugged as she texted Kelo letting her know she was on the way...