Chapter 3: Summer, where am I?

It was a warm morning when Harry woke up. Little beads of sweat fell from his face as he slid out of bed. Harry was nervous, as today was the day that he would be leaving Grimmauld Place, to stay at his Professor Snape's house. Sirius Black was slowly stirring his coffee in the kitchen with a frown. Harry came walking into the room wearing his pajamas, with messy bed hair. 'Hey kiddo' Sirius said trying to sound cheerful. 'Hey' Harry replied softly, before sitting down and pouring himself some cereal. This morning was hard, for both Harry and his Godfather. After eating breakfast Harry went upstairs for a shower, then decided to pack his bags. He packed everything needed for his summer, however he left a few things behind just in case Snape let him stay over here for the night; which he doubted.

Sirius came upstairs just as Harry had finished packing his bag, to tell him that Snape would arrive in 2 hours. Having finished packing his suitcase, this left Harry wandering aimlessly through the halls. All of a sudden he felt a tingle on his neck, turned around, only just noticing a door he had never noticed. "Hey Sirius, what's through this door?" Harry yelled, pointing towards the black locked door. Sirius silently came up to the door and whispered a password that Harry could not hear. Within a few seconds the door creaked open, releasing dust into Harry's face.

"This room was my old study. I used to store a lot of stuff from when I was a kid. I would sometimes get your father's house elf to bring things to store in this room. I was the only one who could open the door, many of us friends stored our old books, clothes; just random things really. You can look around, but call me if you want to take a peek at something. Like I said, not everything belonged to me, some items might be cursed" With that being said, Sirius left the room; leaving the door wide open.

As Harry made his way around the room he peered at different bookshelves. He saw many old school textbooks, as well as some quidditch magazines. There were abandoned quills and parchment left on the table. Something however caught his attention on the floor under a blanket. It was a large Hogwarts trunk, with the initials peeled off; it could have been anyone's. Going against Sirius' orders, Harry went to open the trunk when Sirius cam barging into the room. "What do you think your doing?! I told you to tell me before you touch anything. You could have gotten yourself hurt!" Harry flinched at Sirius' unusually strict voice. Harry tried to make an excuse, however it died on his lips. After begging Sirius to check for spells, Sirius agreed that the chest was not cursed; Sirius left the room angrily whispering to himself. In this study there was numerous trunks, however the reason Harry was so drawn to this specific one, was the stickers on the sides. On the sides of the trunk there were stickers of old music bands, which wouldn't have peaked Harry's interest, if they weren't muggle bands. Once the lid was open Harry saw a Gryffindor robe and Head girl badge. Whilst sifting through more stuff, Harry tearily realised that this trunk belonged to his mother. There were school books, quills, diaries and empty chocolate wrappers. Harry's eyes wandered over the trunks contents longingly. Both of his parents were dead, however the more he looked at these objects, he felt a closer connection to them. Having the courage to pick something up, he decided to pick up an old charms book. As he flipped through it's pages, a few letters fell to the ground. Harry looked at the letters in excitement, hoping that they were from his mother to his father; or vice versa. He picked up other books that were in the trunk and riffled through the pages, only to find more letters. He hastily put the letters aside when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Not knowing why he was so worried that Sirius might find out that he had taken the letters, he decided to hide them in his jacket.

Thinking that it was Sirius coming upstairs to check on him again, Harry was relieved when Remus' head came poking through to doorway. "Hello Harry" Remus said with a warm smile. Harry returned the greeting, and slowly pushed Remus out of the way, and out of the room. With a click of the door, it was once again sealed. "How are you holding up? You know Sirius is really upset, he's sulking again downstairs." Harry responded with a snort. "Yeh, he's all charm this morning. I don't know what's wrong with him, it's not my fault that I have to leave Grimmauld Place. He's acting weird and withdrawn, just before, he got me into trouble for almost touching something in that room." he sighed, pointing back to the sealed door.