Chapter 4: Surprise, surprise, he's escaped

Severus was standing with his arms crossed looking at Harry. His features were changing so rapidly that Harry could hardly tell what the Professor was thinking. Harry too stood motionless, he was dreading what the professor would do. He was busted! Flying outside even when the professor had said not to go without telling him.

Severus continued to stare at Harry, his breathing was shallow, and it looked as though he was ready to explode. They both stood and stared at each other, neither saying anything. Severus was the first person to break the silence "Potter, it has not even been one day, and already you disobey my orders. What were one of the rules?"

'To not go outside without telling you first' Harry replied looking at his feet.

"Look at me when you speak, not down at the floor! Honestly, did someone put a wand to your head to make you go outside. Like I have already said before, you should not be outside without supervision. This property is secure, however you can never be too sure how powerful your foes are. Your brash thinking and stupidity is what almost got you and your little friends killed at the ministry. You will stop this childish behaviour, this is what I would expect from a four year old. You will be turning 16 this summer, it's time to grow up Potter.

Because you have disobeyed my rules, and continue to do childish things you are grounded!." The professor appeared to be as angry as the time that Harry broke into his pensieve.

Harry stood motionless, not trusting himself to speak; in case he spoke out of turn and made the professor angrier. The professor paced up and down harry's room and started to speak in a deadly calm voice. "Since you think yourself above the rules, whilst you will not be confined to your room, you will however to the library. You will awaken at the normal time I specified, come for breakfast, then clean up after yourself. You will then go to the library, where you will study everyday for 2 weeks. There will be no little trips outside, therefore you will hand over your broom to me, and when I think that you are acting sensibly you may have it back. Trixy will be looking in on you constantly so any rule breaking, and she will notify me straight away. All privileges will be taken away, meaning no dessert, and definitely sneaking around the hallways. Last year was a flop where you schooling comes to mind. You will take your schooling seriously, I will not have you getting subpar results if I can help it! In the evenings you will help me brew, and let's just hope that something will sink in." The professor went on to say that for the remainder of what was left of the evening, Harry would spend it alone and inside his room.

After being sent his dinner, Harry sat sulking in his room slowly eating his pea and ham soup. There was no dessert sent along with his food, only a bowl of vegetables and a lone plum. After deciding that he had eaten enough, Harry decided to go have a shower, to calm his ever growing nerves. 'How could I have been so stupid! Flying even when the professor had told me not to.' Harry thought to himself. Harry was frustrated with the fact that he was grounded, it reminded him of what it was like when he lived with the Dursleys. The studying he didn't mind, as he normally had to complete his assignments on the Hogwarts Express just before school commenced. However the whole situation was just too much for Harry. Living with Snape was turning out to be a nightmare. Harry was under the impression that he was going to be living with Sirius throughout the holidays, it was meant to be their bonding time. Now he was stuck here with the bat of the dungeons helping him make potions. Smashing his hands onto the tiled bathroom wall, Harry turned off the running water and grabbed a towel. Snatching a fresh batch of clothes Harry marched into his walk-in-wardrobe and started to put on an ill matched pair of Dudley's old clothes. He proceeded to get his Hogwarts backpack and shoved his toothbrush and other day-to-day items into it. Harry at this stage was running on adrenaline, and was acting hastily. He opened his bedroom door and peered down the hallway making sure the coast was clear. Quickly sprinting down the hallway Harry sped around the corners of every room making a dash for the garden. Quickly looking sideways Harry ran to the floo network, when he realised that there was no floo powder left outside. Frantically shaking his head he weighed his options. Run back inside and try to find some floo powder, and risk getting caught? Or accio some, the Ministry would never be the wiser; as this house was bound so tightly with wards. 'Accio floo powder' Harry spoke very quietly. Within 10 seconds the pot was in Harry's trembling hands. Grabbing a hand full of powder Harry spoke his destination and was whisked away.