Chapter 18: Dungeon Bat or Father?

Friday Evening - Great Hall

The Great Hall was oddly quiet for a Friday. Everyone seemed to be ravenous with hunger, all except Harry Potter. Harry sat on the other end of the Gryffindor table, sitting with a group of 3rd years. Over the past couple of days, Harry had tried to avoid Ron and Hermione as much as possible; lest they have another argument. The boy who lived had pulled aside his friends only 10 hours ago, telling them what his plan was. He had made it quite clear that they were to stay away from him, as he wanted to spend the next couple of days composing a plan, nee a script of what he would say to his father.

A Gryffindor student that was sitting opposite Harry, was giving him an exasperated look.

"Are you going to eat that, or just keep pushing it around on your plate?" The haughty third year asked.

Narrowing his eyes, Harry put one last spoonful of food into his mouth. Before abruptly standing up, and making a quick exit out of the Great Hall.

Headmaster Dumbledore along with a few other professors looked at Harry as he exited. However, none of which seemed particularly phased by his sudden departure. Most of them put his leaving down to being extremely tired. All professors too looked a bit more worn out than usual. Harry's leave only truly peaked the interest of none other than the Head of Slytherin house. Raising his eyebrow he looked at the exit to the great hall, then back to Dumbledore. He scoffed when he saw that Dumbledore was looking directly at him, whilst raising his glass in a salute. Turning his head away, the professor went back to his meal.

Professor Snape had taken quite a long time to finish dinner, most of the students had left the hall; with only a few remaining. Only he and professor Mcgonnagal were left on the teachers table. Swallowing back the last of his wine, Severus Snape licked his lips, keen to take a slice of delicious blueberry cheesecake. Oh how he had been waiting for this dessert all week. To say his week was stressful, was an understatement. Cutting off a piece, the professor was 3 bites in when he felt a buzzing in his pocket.

The Professor took out a gold coin, which was currently vibrating and glowing bright yellow. Scowling the professor stood up abruptly and proceeded to stalk out of the great hall; through the back teachers passage. He was going to murder the student that had decided to break into his office and ruin his meal. No, murder would be too good....the professor thought.

The Dungeons - Severus Snape's Office

Harry had wondered around the dungeon hallways for quite some time, mentally preparing himself for the deep conversation he needed to have with the profes.... his father this evening. He has just come back from the headmasters office, letting him in on his plan; and what part professor Dumbledore would need to play.

He turned the corner and found himself standing in front of the potion masters office. He signed, knowing that he would need to put on a show this evening.. in order to convince the professor to come to the headmasters office. Knocking on the door, Harry was sure that the professor would have retired to his office early; like he normally would.

Knock, knock "hello?" Harry called out in the hallway. Sighing, Harry came to the realisation that the professor must be at dinner still. Deciding it was a risk willing to take, Harry took a deep break and took out his wand.

"Alohamora" Harry muttered, the door to his fathers office opened. He did not however walk in, instead waited for the professor to catch him 'breaking in' to his office. Harry looked at his watch, noting that his evening of acting would now commence.

Angry footsteps could be heard moving closer and closer to Harry, which belonged to non other than the irate Head of Slytherin House.

"Stupid... Stupid" Harry muttered loud enough for Snape to hear; whilst banging his head on the door.