Chapter 17: Something is not right

The Hospital Wing

Upon waking up, Harry had never felt so good. His body felt rested and his mind clear.

"mhmm" Harry stretched his muscles and moved to sit at the headboard. After putting his glasses on, Harry looked around the hospital wing. Surprisingly there were no students around. Peering at the clock, Harry saw that it was only 7:05am. He looked over the side of his bed and saw his bed slippers were there. Deciding there was no point staying in bed any longer, he got up and walked over to the window. Birds were flying outside and it looked as if it was going to be a beautiful sunny day.

Hearing scuffling coming from Madame Pomfrey's office, Harry decided walk over and let the healer know he was awake.

Before Harry could even reach the door, Madame Pomfrey burst out of her office; giving Harry the biggest fright.

"Ah!" Harry shrieked in fright, causing the healer to drop the potion she was holding in her hand.

Upon the glass shattering on the ground, this rendered Harry motionless.

He stared at the space on the ground where the potions ingredients now were. He had a momentary lapse as his mind caught up with his previous memory's. Harry looked up at the healer, who was trying to get the boys attention; although all Harry could hear was white noise. He slowly stumbled over to the closest bed and sat down.

"Dad? Snape? Where's my dad?" Harry asked the healer.

Quickly Madame Pomfrey walked over and shoved Harry's head between his legs; the boy was starting to hyperventilate.

After a few minutes of the woman rubbing the boys back, Harry came back to the present and sat up.

"What.... Where...?" The healer stopped Harry, and motioned for him to follow her into his office.

Upon entering the office, Madame Pomfrey closed the door and made her way over to sit behind her desk. "I would prefer to speak in here Potter, there is a 3rd year sleeping in one of the beds; and I'm sure you wish for our conversation to be private" Harry nodded his head upon hearing that.

"What happened to me, I feel so... weird... Like my head is clear for the first time." Harry said in a soft and dazed voice; one would think Luna Lovegood was speaking.

To this the healer responded nonchalantly "Oh, he is in his quarters sleeping I would assume".

Harry's brows furrowed. As he was about to ask the witch something, she held her hand up for silence.

Sighing Madam Pomfrey asked Harry to sit down. Once she saw that Harry was comfortable, she proceeded to tell the boy everything that had transpired over the last few days. The healer handed Harry the letter Professor Snape had pleaded her to give to his son. Wanting to give Harry space to read in peace and quiet, she quickly left her office, closed the door with a residing thud.

The healer waited 30 minutes before re-entering her office. She observed upon entering that Harry was motionless and sitting in the same position; his back to her and looking outside the window. One would assume that he was sleeping upright, however this quickly became false. Harry turned his head to look at the healer and spoke without any emotion.

"He can't remember me" Harry asked in a monotone voice, not a question but a statement. Standing up from his chair, Harry looked directly into Madame Pomfrey's eyes.

"I'm afraid not dear, and you read the letter in its entirety?" Madame Pomfrey asked, pointing at the letter Harry was currently clutching with an iron fist.

There was no response, only a small nod of his head. Harry sat down in his chair once again skimming over the letter. At this point, the young boy was beyond annoyed. The letter that his father wrote to him, had given him explicit instructions. What saddened Harry was that he did not think he would be able to carry them out. His father was now long gone, only Professor Snape was left; at this thought Harry shuddered.