Chapter 14: Friends don't lie

True to his word, Severus Snape did indeed send out an owl that morning to Harry. Sitting at the head table, Severus Snape watched as his son munched on a piece of toast. He noticed, that he was not sitting with his friends, who were a few seats down. Harry kept his head down, his eyebrows creased; deep in thought. Noticing this, Severus smiled to himself realising how much of Harry's mannerisms shadowed his own. As the time went to 8:15am a mass of owls entered the great hall dropping parcels near their owners. Hedwig, Harry's owl swooped close to his owner's head, dropping a letter.

Harry swallowed his last piece of toast, then grabbed his letter off the table. Looking at the front of the letter, Harry saw that there was no from address. Opening the letter quickly, he looked over the contents of the letter, looking at the final line to see "From, Severus". At reading this, Harry scrunched his shoulders inwards, and ducked his head over the letter. Looking up he noticed that Neville was looking at Harry and the letter in interest. At seeing this, Harry folded the letter, and stored it into his breast pocket. Grabbing one more piece of toast, the young Gryffindor scraped some jam onto it. Slinging his back over his shoulder he quickly left the Great Hall.

Shuffling off to an empty narrow corridor, Harry took out the letter, and sat on an empty ledge next to a large window. Squinting, Harry read the letter, line by line.

"Dear Harry

As I mentioned yesterday during your detention, I will for the foreseeable future be requesting your attendance in my quarters after school. Every weekday 4:00pm till 9:00, with a dinner break 6:00-7:00pm. Please bring all your homework for the day to complete, as well as past essays; as your marks were dreadful. Meet me in my office at 4pm sharp. Also, a reminder on what we discussed previously about your grades. I want you listening in class and completing your assignments to a high standard. I will find out from your teacher if this is not the case.

Regards,

Severus Snape"

Harry sat staring at the letter for what seemed a very long time. Every night, those words alone sending triggers to Harry's brain. What about quidditch? I don't want to spend all that time with HIM!! Sulking, Harry crumpled the letter shoving it to the bottom of his bag. Walking to his first class, he stumbled across Hermione and Ron in the hallway. They both greeted Harry, dragging him over to their seats in Transfiguration. Hermione spent the lesson listening intently to every single word. Whilst Ron, spent his time trying and failing to accomplish the class assignment. Finding it more important to talk with Harry for the whole class. The words from Snape's letter rung in Harry's head. Trying to listen to his professor and complete his work, Harry tried to block out Ron's words. Why all of a sudden was he doing what professor Snape said? Did he want to keep his teacher off his back, or want to make his father proud? With the end of class, Harry rushed to pack his belongings and get to his other class.

"Harry! Why are you rushing, wait up!" Ron yelled through the hallway.

Hermione was shuffling through people trying to catch up with both the boys. Harry urgently wedged himself next to a Hufflepuff at the front of Charms class. When Ron and Hermione burst into the room wheezing from having practically run all the way to class. They scanned the classroom to find their friend, when their eyes landed on Harry sitting at the front of the classroom with a random Hufflepuff. Ron's eyes goggled, at this sight. Hermione rushed forward trying to get a seat directly behind Harry; Ron following in suit.

"Why did you run Harry?" asked Hermione.

"I just wanted to get a good seat is all" Harry whispered back, focusing all his attention on Professor Flitwick; as he had just started to take the roll.