Chapter 12: Dead to Me

Previously on WTHIH...

"DID YOU KNOW BEFORE? HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN, YOU BASTARD!"

As Harry screamed this, from the professor's point of view the intruder was completely covered in darkness. There was no light shining showing the intruders true face. Severus having been a spy for years, had developed stealth; meaning he always was ready for a fight. Pulling his wand from under his pillow he did the only thing that came to his mind at 1:05am. A spell in which he knew would take down an intruder, a spell for enemies.

Slicing his wand through the air, the intruder hit the ground with a loud thump. His screams shrieking to a higher pitch as the spell struck him. Having just awoken from sleep Severus could not hear a word that was being screamed at him. All besides the last "Bastard".

Swiftly getting up, and lighting all the lights, his blood ran cold, seeing his sons blood running all over the floor. The Sectumsempra spell having cut him on his chest, very close to the neck. Severus fell on the ground grabbing for his boy. However, as he went to him, Harry tried valiantly to shift away, muttering in a broken voice "I hate you".

Severus finally registered what the boy had been saying the moment his eyes met the now bloody letter still clutched like a lifeline in Harry's hand.

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12: Dead to me

Spinners End

Vulnera Sanentur.... Vulnera Sanentur, this was all that could be heard on a cold chilly morning at Spinners End. After having lost a tremendous deal of blood, Harry had fallen unconscious. His father tried valiantly to heal his son's wounds, this however took time. Whilst there was only one gash on the boy's chest, it ran from the bottom of his neck to his naval. The professor's voice was shaking as he moved his wand from one end to the other end of the cut. Shame was evidently plastered on the professor's face. After spending 20 minutes chanting the counter curse to his spell, Severus Snape leaned back onto the heels of his feet looking at his work. Whilst the boy still had a very noticeable scar, the wound was closed. Checking the boy's pulse, Severus quickly made his way downstairs to his potion's rooms. He realised as he could have accio'd his supplies, however he couldn't bare looking at Harry Potter like that. Another scar he would add to a list of many, it would seem. Retrieving the needed healing supplies, Severus walked back upstairs and kneeled once again on the ground, making it a mission to rid Harry of the scars he had not an hour ago inflicted.

After applying a plethora of balms and creams, he finished by applying a few Essence of Dittany drops. The drops sizzled on the boy's skin, helping the wound to close. As the professor applied a few more drops, Harry started to stir awake.

"Relax, don't move too suddenly" Severus was saying in a soft yet anxious voice. Suddenly, almost as if lightening had struck, Harry sat upright in a flash.

"Ahhssss" Harry half yelled and hissed in pain. Looking up, as soon as he saw Snape, he scurried back towards the hallway.

"Harry, don't move, you're in pain" Severus said pleadingly. His eyes had dark circles and looked as if he had been crying for a while.

"Don't, call, me, Harry." Harry said in a very deadly voice, almost a replica of his father's own. Stubbornly Harry tried to right himself and stand up. Which he achieved, yet was heavily relying on the wall behind him, to help him stay upright.

"I am so sorry Harry, words do not explain how sorry I truly am. After years of being a spy, I have quick reflexes, and thought you were an intruder. You need to listen to me, please sit down, you have lost a lot of blood, I was just going to give you a blood replenisher; however you woke up." Leaning into a potions box, the master retrieved the blood replenisher and handed it to Harry.