Chapter 16: Goodbye I love you

Hospital Wing

As the sun filtered into the hospital wing at Hogwarts. Harry Potter was slowly being stirred awake by the sun filtering in over his bed. Blinking awake, Harry squinted trying to get his bearings. As he leaned over to reach for his glasses on the bedside table, he could see perfectly clearly; he no longer needed glasses Harry thought strangely. Sitting up instantly, Harry inspected his fingers, he could see every single wrinkle and freckle. His eyes moved around the room, drinking in every detail. There were a few students sleeping in the beds further down from his bed. He turned to his right and froze. He blinked a few times, then rubbed his eyes trying to see if he was dreaming or not. He wriggled over to the right side of the bed in order to lean over and properly inspect the man.

'What the hell is Snape doing sleeping in a chair next to my bed!' Harry thought.

The professor was sleeping with a slightly pained expression, although it looked much more peaceful from his normal scowl. The creasing in his eyes and forehead gave him the look of being extremely stressed, even in his sleep; Harry analysed. Without realising it, Harry was leaning closer and closer to the professor. The professor stirred scaring Harry, which led to him wobbling on the edge of the bed. Not able to hold on, Harry reached for the closest thing to break his fall. However, the closest thing was the potions master. As he latched onto the man's robes, the professor was jolted awake. He looked down to see Harry half on the floor and half in his lap.

"Harry!" Severus yelled in surprise and concern.

Harry let go of his professor as if he had been burned; scrambling to his feet. He hopped onto the bed and crawled to the furthest end trying to get away from the professor. Harry was sure that the professor would bite his head off or make a scathing remark.

"What were you doing? Listen to me.... Forget that!? You need to get checked over by Madame Pomfrey!" The professor jumped up, and glided swiftly in pursuit of finding the nurse.

'What the fuck' Harry thought, his mouth agape. Had he died and found himself in another Universe?! Since when did the professor care at all about his wellbeing.... Well, there had been a few times, but no, this was different. Leaning back onto the bed frame, Harry looked wearily into the direction where Snape left; waiting for his return.

Severus Snape's POV

'Where on earth is that infernal witch' Snape thought as he went to find the healer. Harry's behaviour had been most unusual; the staring that is. But the way Harry flinched away reminded him of the old Harry; this caused Severus to shudder.

"Severus, is everything alright?" Madame Pomfrey asked as she rounded the corner, a piece of parchment clutched in her hand.

"It's Harry. He woke up and fell off the bed. He seems frightened and mildly delirious" Snape said, looking at the healer with concern.

"Severus, I think we had best go to my office; we need to speak" ushering him in.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Healers office

"Last night, I did a full diagnosis on Harry. He was mildly concussed, however after all the potions I gave him, his concussion should be gone. He does however have severe tissue damage in his frontal lobe. There is no easy way for me to tell you this, but where the damage is, it affects his memories and his ability to recollect. I think that it would be wise for you to prepare yourself, for when you go back out there Severus. I have studied this sort of brain damage before; it is unlikely he will be able to remember certain memories. You need to be prepared for the fact that he might not remember you... as his father". At the look Professor Snape was giving, Madame Pomfrey walked over to the man, and put her hand on his shoulder to console him.