Chapter 5: Not 1, Not 2 but 3 Letters

It was an oddly quiet morning today, the sun slowly began to creep into Harry's bedroom. It was nearing 7 am when Harry began to rouse awake. Rolling over in his bed Harry stretched out his arms when he heard a light crunch. Opening his eyes, he looked to the left of him and realised the noise came from the letter he was trying to read the previous night. Lifting the letter, he felt a buzz shoot up through his arm. Realising that it was too early to figure this mystery out, he tossed the letter onto his left nightstand and got out of bed.

Walking into the bathroom, Harry had a quick shower and got dressed. As he finished lacing his old sneakers, Harry made eye contact with the letter. He paused for a second and finished tying his sneakers. Looking at his trunk, Harry remembered the 2 other letters that he had taken from Grimmauld Place. He was brought out of his musings by the grumble in his stomach. Deciding to creep down the stairs towards the kitchen to get some breakfast, Harry remembered writing an apology letter to Snape and sliding it under the door. How would Snape act? Would he accept his apology? Did he even read the letter, or did he just throw it away?

Deciding to just bite the bullet, Harry walked into the kitchen to find, as usual, the Professor sitting at the table, nursing a cup of plain black coffee. Snape made no sign of noticing that Harry had entered the room. Trixy, popped into the room and motioned Harry to sit at the table, where she was placing a bowl of cereal in front of him. Harry quietly sat down and sliced an apple to put into his cereal. Minutes passed on, and no one had made a move to talk. All that could be heard was Harry slurping the milk in his cereal, and Snape occasionally flipping through the Daily Prophet.

Putting the newspaper down, the potions professor began "That was a very mature thing you did last night Potter. Apologizing for what you did, even though what you did was very immature. None the less, I accept your apology." Harry was surprised after hearing Snape, for the first time, have a calm conversation with him.

"I really am a sorry professor, I'll be better next time," Harry said in a soft voice, however maintaining eye contact. The professor merely 'mhmm' in agreeance.

"So, Potter, what are you doing today?" Snape questioned.

"Probably just write a few letters to my friends...." 'Don't forget Potter, you mustn't tell Weasley and Granger that you are staying here. If you must, tell them you are staying with Black.'

Agreeing to say that he was staying with his godfather, Harry excused himself to write to his friends. Deciding that he should write his letters outside under a tree, Harry quickly went upstairs to gather his quill and some parchment.

It was slightly breezy; however, the sun was not hidden by clouds today. Harry sat under a big tree full of leaves, which slightly shaded him from the scorching sun. His first letter was to Ron.

Dear Ron,

How's your holiday so far? Mine's pretty alright. I'm staying at Padfoot's these holidays. It gets pretty boring here, there is not much to do. Anyways, anything is better than the Dursley's right?

Look, I'm writing to apologize for what happened/ could have happened at the Ministry of Magic (MOM). All you guys could have been seriously hurt, or even killed. I would never have been able to deal with myself, knowing that it was because of me that you died. So, yeah, I just wanted to say sorry!

Anyways, I hope Romania is nice, and your family is doing well. Our OWL results are going to be coming out at the end of the holidays. I hope we get a chance to catch-up way before then. If I'm being honest, I don't know what else to write about. So, when you get the chance, write back soon, like I said; there's not much to do here.

Harry.

P.s. Say hi to Fred, George, and Ginny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------