Chapter 10: Fake Letters & Correspondence

Spinners End

As the light came flooding through the curtains at Spinners End, Severus stirred awake. With a flick of the professor's wand, the numbers 7:05am glowed in the air. Placing his wand back onto the bedside table, Snape got up and had a shower. He started the day by getting dressed, having a coffee and brewing a batch of potions. This was his normal routine, now however, why did it feel so wrong? He had become accustomed to Harry's company, he realised that he quite enjoyed their morning breakfast together. By the time lunch came around the professor had completed 2 potions with 3 more still brewing.

As it hit midday, the professor rose up from the basement and decided it was time for lunch. As he was eating his ham and salad sandwich the floo network came to life.

Grimmauld Place

Harry was sitting at the kitchen table opposite his godfather. Sirius was in quite a good mood, which Harry was happy to see. Harry however was not in such a good mood, the only way to describe it would be nervous. In 1 hour, he would have to go over to Snape's, pack up his things and leave. Not to mention the fact that Snape didn't know Harry wouldn't be staying at Spinners End; so, there was that conversation to be had.

Leaning on his elbow, Harry mushed his porridge whilst sighing. Not able to eat any more food, Harry decided to go upstairs and get dressed. Clad in jeans and a t-shirt Harry threw a handful of floo powder into the fireplace and left.

Spinners End

As the professor was not expecting anyone, he stood up and walked into the lounge room.

"Ah Severus, how are you my boy" Dumbledore asked smiling.

"What has happened, is it Har.. Potter?" Severus asked sounding mildly concerned.

The headmaster merely waved his hand and walked into Severus' kitchen, sitting down at the table.

"I have already spoken to both Sirius and Harry. I was going to tell you first, but alas, I had personal business at the ministry which required my urgent attention." Severus seemed curious and sat still, waiting for the headmaster to continue.

"I was able to use the protection from Harry's aunt, and use it for Grimmauld Place. So, you see, Harry will in fact be able to live with Sirius from here on out. You must be quite relieved, I know there isn't much left of the summer holidays, but those last 2 weeks you can use to properly relax and prepare for your new classes".

After Dumbledore had said 'Harry will in fact be able to live with Sirius from here on out' Severus had completely zoned out. He tried to calm down and slow his breathing, there was no time for panic. Why was he feeling like this? Severus thought. He's your son, that's why, Severus' subconscious said. Even though he had tried to push thoughts of Lily's letter away, Severus could not deny that Harry was his son.

The headmaster had stopped speaking when he saw that Severus' face had turned ashen white. Just as Dumbledore was about to ask Severus what was wrong, the floo network flared to life. "Ah that should be Harry now" The headmaster clapped as he stood up.

As Harry got out of Snape's floo he brushed off the soot from his jeans. Looking around the room he sighed, knowing that this would be the last time he would set eyes on it. Not that it was an aesthetically pleasing room/ or house. It just had a quirkiness that reminded him of the professor, and had just made him feel as if he belonged. Hearing scuffling from the next room Harry walked into the kitchen. There sitting at the table was the Headmaster and the professor.

Harry merely staired for a moment, not really knowing what to say. As he was about to say something, the Headmaster stood up and patted Harry on the back.