Pt (6)9

*Time skip to the next day*

You wake up bright and early to Faren and Celsa trying to slither out the bedroom door. Not waking up because you're a light sleeper, but rather because they knocked over a box that seemed empty but was actually supporting a few tech pieces.

"I- Ugh. Babies, no. If you want food, wake me up." You sigh, yawning as you rub your eyes, hearing the chimes of pattering feet in the hallway. Your siblings are up. Great. You stand, walking over and lifting the twin snakes, you sit them on your bed, going to your drawer and pulling out a pair of army green pants that has deep pockets. You obviously stole them from your brother and made modifications to them because ✨cozy✨.

"Now, let's go." You say, reaching to Celsa and Faren. You gently place them into the pockets of your pants, changing your shirt from the pajamas to an, oversized, grey, science pun shirt that reads "Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? Because you're CuTe." in salmon pink and cyan letters and has the atomic properties written on the back. You chose this shirt because you're a huge nerd and it's unbelievably comfortable despite the words being cracked.

"Alright. Ready." You say, pulling yourself together so you can actually interact with people today.

"Montana wants to go to a café place with April, and you don't... You're not going with them, but you want your family to think you are.... You're going to the park to be... alone?... You lie to people... And yourself... You're a liar- wtf? No brain. Not today. I just woke the fuck up. Come on." You think to yourself, walking out the door as you grab your backpack, where you have a bunch of emergency stuff. You walk out the bedroom door, clapping your hands to turn off the random LED lights.

"Alrighty fam. Goin' to hang out with Monty. Don't text, call, act like you love me, etc. I'm meeting a new friend of hers and I don't think I'll be able to handle that. Got it? Cool. Bye." You hurriedly state as you rush towards the door, trying to avoid looking at your immediate relatives. As you reach your hand toward the doorknob, trying to make a great escape, a hand grips your wrist.

"Y/n, what did you even just say?" Your older sister asks, already wearing her work attire. You hold your breath, feeling a stinging cold blow its way through your respiratory system.

"I'm hanging out with Monty today. I don't wanna be bothered. You guys don't call unless you want something from me anyway. So I'd prefer if today, you guys would figure things out yourself." You say, furthering what you meant. She looks away, holding back either a sigh of disappointment or a scoff of disbelief toward your ego. You look at her, knowing that your assumption towards their ignorance may have been a bit premature and ambiguous.

"Yeah. Whatever, Y/n.... Be careful, all that ego might just kill ya one day. Just wanted to give ya something." She sighs, handing you a paper bag. Your eyes widen as you realize that you were being reasonlessly rude and ignorant to her emotions. She just wanted to give you something to eat...

"... Thank you, Magpie..." You joke, comparing your older sister to a small bird. For what seems to be no reason, your brothers call you weird nicknames like "Ostrich King" or "Emu Leader" because they're dumb little dumb dumbs. So why not call your big sister something stupid?...

"Oh? A "thank you"?- EVERYONE! THE OSTRICH KING'S DYING! SHE SAID "THANK YOU"!" She shouts to your brothers as your mother comes out of the bathroom.

"Stop being so loud and finish getting ready for work. Sorry, honey. I still don't understand the names." Your mother says as she walks into the kitchen, wearing her work clothes. Suddenly you hear tripping and grumbling from the hallway as you hurriedly pull on your shoes. You see your brothers tripping each other and you immediately rush out the door, leaving before anyone could interrupt you again.

"Bye guys! Stay safe!" You shout, somehow too uncomfortable to loudly exclaim that you love them. You shake away your thoughts, running towards the stairs, you hold onto the sweet reptilian children as you run. You stop and slow down as you begin descending the steps to a broken camera. You pull Celsa and Faren out of your pockets, grabbing out emergency clothes from your backpack that you folded neatly. You turn around, putting them on the ground on their clothes and looking to be sure that no one's coming.

"Hurry up, kiddos..." You grumbled, tapping your foot as you looked away from them. Soon enough, you get the snake mutants into their human disguises... and well... skin...

*Time skip to after you get to the café*

"The name of the café... is "Nunya"?... That's lame." You say as you walk in, pace matching the snake-humans at your sides as you look to the table in the corner. You immediately see Montana and April waiting for whatever they ordered while chatting.

"Hello ma'am." Faren says to April as she literally jumps out of her chair.

"Who- Huh? Oh, Y/n... who's this?" April asks as Montana face-palms. You blink hard at April, not wanting to waste energy by speaking.

"Faren. This is my small sister, Celsa." Faren introduced himself and his sister in a comical manner as he motioned to himself and Celsa. April looks over at you, still awaiting further information. You uncomfortably smile, looking at Montana then the snakes.

"Fine, I'll take care of them today. You own me coffee next week too by the way." Montana chimes, pointing towards the counter as someone places down the drinks. There are three. Montana had ordered you your usual.

"Alright then. See you when I need to pick up my children." Your voice rings as you walk to the counter, grabbing the drink and leaving before letting April question you more. Faren and Celsa both watch as you approach the door.

"Sorry about our mother. She's strange." You hear Celsa say as you walk out the door.

"How is she your m-" You hear April's voice be cut off as the door closed, muffling any other words. You feel an unusual chill in the air. It was much more dreary than the breeze of an autumn wind. You continue walking, hoping that your feats of strength will not be tested by a simpleton like Kendra. You make it quite easily to the street of the park. This is perhaps even a "good" walk.

"That's-" You hear someone whispering, leaving your headphones off incase of any emergency. You hold your breath, speeding up as you see the approaching open gate of the park. You quickly rush in, feeling like it would provide some sort of security and protection. The voice from behind you was gone.

"Thank god." You say in an unconventionally emotionless manner. You sigh, taking a sip of your drink before suddenly feeling something hit the back of your head. You turn a tad too quickly, almost falling as you throw what remains of your drink at whatever hit you.

In the span of a few seconds, you're being carried somewhere. You couldn't see anything. You could hardly hear the sound of wind cracking. The sent of spices and deep smoke and cooking meat. There's the sound of wind-chimes and bells. Soft instruments and grunting from the sound of a brawl. Where are you?... What happened?... What kind of creepy hidden city are you in?...

(Word count 1286)