11 - The Elven High Lord's Consort

Rain pattered outside and left silver streaks against windowpanes when Izuku woke early the next morning.

He lay twisted in his bedsheets, staring around his lovely bedroom. He remembered the play of Katsuki's long, clever fingers down the most sensitive places on his body and the sound of his hitched breathing as he tasted his skin, and his overheated body thrummed with frustration.

While the dream with Katsuki had been wonderful for comfort's sake, neither one of them had been able to climax as they made love. Not only had the dream experience felt too unreal, but he, for one, had not been able to relax enough while knowing that anyone could walk into his bedroom and wake him at any time.

Whatever the reason, meeting in dreams might not be quite the solution they had hoped for.

After another quick shower, he dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt. His iPhone buzzed. He snatched it off the bedside table and checked the screen. It was another text message from Katsuki.

Kacchan: One week

Katsuki had been confident he could create a dream spell for them to meet in, but they had agreed he would shorten his stay in Kuju if they ran into any issues. They might have managed to make a connection, but hell.

He rubbed the back of his neck, blew out a breath and texted back.

Izuku: Yes.

Now it was time to see what they could accomplish in seven days.

He could repair all the broken treaties while Katsuki fixed the internal problems in his domain.

Then they could get back together before the Freaky Deaky Prophecy came along to screw with them.

But no pressure, right?

His muscles tightened with nerves. As Katsuki's mate, he had traveled with him and attended various functions, such as the world-famous winter solstice Masque at UA Tower, but this trip to Kuju was his first time actually flying solo.

He had worked hard and learned a lot over the last several months, but he still felt woefully inadequate for the task he had set himself.

Hell, he was woefully inadequate. There wasn't a single thing that qualified him to act as the Lord of the Nyr's mate, except that he was actually Katsuki's mate.

When he confessed how nervous he was about the trip, Katsuki hadn't exactly been unsympathetic. But he had certainly been less than helpful.

Once the man finally conceded to his arguments and he accepted the Elves' invitation to visit, the whole subject occupied the area of settled in his mind.

"You're going to be great," Katsuki said. "Don't sweat it. Just be yourself."

"You're no help at all," he mumbled into his pillow.

He sounded drugged. He felt drugged. He was lying on his stomach on the bed while Katsuki massaged his neck and shoulders, his powerful hands digging into his muscles with slow, sensuous care.