22 - clumsy baby

age: 1
mom: scarlett
dad:

-

SCARLETT POV
This morning i woke up to these little taps, not on me but i could hear them, and it was starting to become irritating and i couldn't get back to sleep because of them.

When i opened my eyes and sat up, i looked at the baby monitor as i do every morning to check on my daughter, and that's when i realised what the tapping noise was.

It was Y/n, she was stood up in her crib and with her face so close to the monitor, that's all i could see, she was tapping her finger against it and giggling to herself at her actions.

Laughing to myself, i get up to my feet, i slip on my slippers and grab my dressing gown, wrapping it around my body as i was freezing cold due to being bare, i tied the belt and made my way to her room.

"Are we supposed to be fiddling with that?" I ask after sneaking into her room, Y/n jumps and takes a step back in her crib, tripping on her teddy and falling down, she looks through the bars at me and smiles.

I laugh and make my way over to her, she stands herself up and and bounces on her legs, bringing her hand up to my face, running her finger down my nose and over my lips.

"Hi mama" She speaks cutely, a few of her teeth poking out, i smile lean forward for a kiss, receiving one then pulling back and lifting Y/n out of her crib, with her wiggles, i place her on the floor to which she falls to her knees and starts crawling about.

"Come here baby, let me change you" I say kneeling down on the floor and grabbing her changing mat, Y/n turns around and giggles, crawling over to me quickly, her hand touching the mat causing her to slide forward onto her tummy.

"Oh! Silly baby" I giggle picking her up and laying her down on her mat, i unzip her sleeping sack, which yes she is able to crawl about in, and then strip her bare.

Y/n starts to hit her tummy whilst laughing which make me smile, she stares up at me and then kicks her chubby legs and reaches her arms up, i lean forward and kiss her nose.

"What a pretty baby" I giggle nuzzling my nose into her neck, Y/n giggles loudly and squirms about, i change her diaper quickly feeling as though if i left her naked for too long she'd end up peeing on me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked lifting her back up and standing her on her feet, she looked at me and nodded her head before falling into me, i laughed and wrapped my arms around her as i stood up with her on my front.

"Mama and baby eat" Y/n giggles, i laugh to myself and nod my head as i carry Y/n to the kitchen, clipping her into her high chair and attach the tray to the front of it.

I take out some of her pre made food and place it in a bowl and pass her her own little spoon, she slams her hands down on the tray and reaches out for the bowl in my hand, clearly getting impatient.

My girl digs straight into her food, fingers first completely ignoring the spoon that sat beside her making me laugh, i shake my head and make my way over to the coffee machine, which i switch on and make myself some coffee.

"More?" Y/n's voice quietly speaks, i turn around and see her bowl empty but she breakfast smeared across her face making me laugh again, i go over to her and pick up her spoon, using it to take the food off of her face and feed her that.

"There we go" I smile taking the bib off of her and taking the bowl and spoon over to the sink, rinsing them out and then taking the tray off of Y/n's highchair, wiping her face, hands and neck before taking her out and placing her on the floor.

Y/n stands to her feet and runs over to the dog, sitting beside her and patting her on the back, looking back at me and smiling with her little teeth, my heart melts and i wave at her and take a bite out of my toast.

After Y/n was finished petting the dog, she stands back up and walks toward me, clearly not paying that much attention as she walks into the table leg, hitting her right in the head making her stumble back and fall backwards.

"Oopsie" She mumbles and then stands back up to her feet, running over to me as i try my best to hold back my laughter, i'm thankful that Y/n is one of those babies who get up and act like it's nothing instead of cry, unless it hurts badly or i react.

"Silly baby" I giggle picking her up and rubbing her head, she giggles and lays her head on my shoulder, i carry her through to the living room and set her on the floor, closing the door and letting her crawl over to her toys as i turn the tv on, for the morning news.

A few minutes later, Y/n is up and running about again, she's only started walking a month or so ago, a bit later than every other baby i have known, and now that she knows how to, she just hasn't stopped.

For a one year old, she's quite smart, she's pulled over a bean bag and then crawled onto the sofa, then she proceeded to jump off of the sofa and onto the bean bag making me laugh.

But, every time she jumped, the bean bag would move away from the sofa slightly and i knew it would be long before she jumped and landed on the floor and not the bean bag.

"Honey, don't you think-" I was about to speak up and tell her to quit jumping, but she did it anyway, this time landing on the floor with a loud thud, my eyes widened but i didn't react, knowing that if i did she'd probably start crying.

Although that didn't really work, as she started crying anyway, her little high pitched cries, it did sound like she was winded, i placed my phone down and reached down to lift Y/n off of the floor.

"Hey, you don't need to cry. That was really cool, you were flying weren't you baby" I say trying to cheer her up, i hope her tears with my palm, Y/n coughs a little and nods her head looking back and pointing to the bean bag.

"Baby fly" She giggles slightly, sniffling back her bogies, i laugh myself and pick up a tissue and wipe her nose, she scrambles out of my arms and runs over to the edge of the sofa, jumping off her again.

"Honey, how about we don't jump, we don't want to get hurt again" I say standing up and moving the bean bag back into the corner of the living room, Y/n nods her head and crawls back over to her toys, playing with them contently as i keep watching the tv.

-

stupid