Chapter 36

POV Elliot

Warning sensitive subjects

Just when my life is finally looking up and I'm happy, someone has to come and disturb it.
Today that person is my mother if I can call her that, a better description would be the vile cretin who gave birth to me after raping my innocent father and who later abandoned me.

She stands before me now with a horrible attitude and a look of utter shock.
'Mum' I bite out as soon as the word leaves my mouth Denzell's head whips up from the menu and snaps to me a mix of concern and confusion convey on his face but I can't focus on him at the minute, Candace as I'd prefer to call her is my focal point.

For a few minutes she says nothing just stands there looking at me then she begins her Oscar winning performance, blinking her eyes rapidly to form tears she finally opens her mouth 'Oh Elliot I'm so happy to see you my baby it's been horrible without you' she cries out trying to reach for me but someone smacks her hand away before she can, I turn to see who did it and realise that Titan has switched in 'If you so much as think of touching my mate with your filthy hands I'll make sure it's the last thing you do with them I don't give a shit if you're a woman' Titan growls out which turns me on a little.

Obviously she's startled as she releases a gasp and turns a ghostly white colour but sadly she'll soon recover, I become aware of the attention we are attracting and that this is the first time I'm meeting Victor so I try to diffuse the situation 'I really don't want to get into everything here can we meet up with you later I believe I deserve it after everything you've put me through' I tell her trying to stay strong when all I want to do is go home and cry.
Inhaling a deep breath she gives a single nod of her head then takes a pen and notepad out of the apron around her waist scribbles something onto the paper tears it from the pad and places it on our table, at that she takes off running to the back area of the bar.

Slumping into my seat I close my eyes and try to calm down. Feeling a rough warm hand placing it's self in mine I grasp it holding on for dear life and it gives the reassurance I need to slowly open my eyes and turn my head so I can look at my mate 'There he is my brave gorgeous beloved I'm so incredibly proud of how you handled that' Titan praises me which makes me feel even just the tiniest bit better, 'I don't know what's happened between you and your mum but I agree with Titan you did great with that' Victor tells me which I give him a smile of thanks in return.

So with a shaky hand I take the note which she placed on the table and flip it over to see what she wrote I read it out loud 'Elliot meet me at 28 windburn road at 9 o'clock you'll get your answers then' once I've finished I fold it up and place it in my pocket.

A different server comes over to our table then just after I've completed putting it away 'I'm so sorry guys your waitress had to go but I'd be happy to take your orders if you're ready' he apologises, not knowing if I'd be upto eating after what just happened Titan knowing how I'm feeling whispers in my ear 'angel do you want to go home for awhile before meeting her or stay here to eat? I don't mind either way and I'm positive Victor won't mind if we reschedule'.
Hearing what he has to say I know deep down where I'd rather be 'if it's okay I would prefer to go back home just to really get my head around seeing her again'' I reply and looking at both men I can see clearly on their faces that they respect my decision.

After that we say goodbye to Victor with promises to meet up again in a few days once we've dealt with the issue of my mother then we get back into the Jeep and begin our drive home.
For about half of the journey we sit in silence it's not awkward just occupied by inner thoughts but Titan soon interrupts it I can feel his worry through our bond 'Angel how are you? What are you thinking?' For a moment I don't know how to reply as I'm still trying to wrap my head around seeing her again and even more so after what she did to my dad, needing to just blurt out everything that's swirling around in my mind I take a deep breath and start.