A coin has two sides

"Your Highness, the king and queen are ready for you. Report in one hour."

The messenger bowed out of the room upon delivering his message, and two servants entered the extravagant bedchamber, pulling white curtains back and opening windows.

Minho let out a tired sigh, already sitting up in his gold and crimson bed. "You may leave."

A tall man and a beautiful woman rose from the prince's bed quietly, grabbing their discarded robes and covering themselves as they left the room. The servants didn't blink at their presence, continuing their routine.

Minho bathed and proceeded to dress in a beige silk shirt decorated with dark ribbons and ties. His pants were dark and loose around his legs, but with a traditional red and black sash, everything was cinched at his waist. His golden brown hair shone in the sunlight, and his sharp features and dark eyes were piercing. He looked exactly how one would imagine the Prince of the Sun to look.

He took his time making his way to the council room where his parents were waiting for him. Servant's dressed in white and knights dressed in black armor bowed in greeting. He didn't acknowledge them, his gaze set forward to avoid any unnecessary eye contact. He was the prince, but that did not mean he would enjoy unwelcome conversation. And any of the palace workers could be out for his head.

Tensions across the continent were higher than ever. The smaller kingdoms surrounding the Moon and Sun lands were gaining power and strength, and whispers of a revolt were rippling across the continent. However, this unease, this tension, was nothing new to Minho. Being descended from the Sun God came with a life of caution and discomfort. He didn't trust anyone. He never did, and he never would. There was no point in giving someone a sword just for them to use it on him when his back was turned.

The council room was usually full of advisors, Lords and Dukes, and every other member of the court that ever existed. But today, Minho was put off as he entered an empty council room. Only his parents sat at the head of the table, murmuring to each other quietly.

Minho let the large mahogany doors slam shut behind him, echoing on the red and white tile that filled the floor of the room. His announcement worked, as the king and queen raised their heads to their only son.

"Ah, Minho, you're here." His father motioned. "Come, we have a few things to discuss."

It was far too early in the day for whatever nonsense his parents were about to  drop on his shoulders, but Minho complied, stopping and bowing a few feet away. He wanted to ask what this was about, but they would tell him. Hopefully quickly and without extra conversation.

"As you're aware, conflict is rising in the East, and we've been getting more reports of factions and rebellions forming under the surface. The balance of the continent is tilting. Both the land and the throne are at risk."

Minho nodded, silently telling his father to get on with it. He knew everything they did, he had to sit in every meeting they had, after all. But he didn't dare interrupt him.

"We've been in correspondence with the descendants of the Moon God." This, Minho did not know. "And we've made a decision."

"What sort of decision?" Minho finally spoke, his words harsh yet curious.

"In order to keep this kingdom alive and unburned, we have decided to unite against a common enemy rather than fighting each other and dealing with a revolt on top of it."

Minho wasn't liking the tone of the King's voice, nor the Queen's expression. "Alright, get to the point. How does this alliance affect me?"

The Queen twisted the large jade ring on her right hand, her eyes flickering from her son to her husband. "To unite for one throne requires marriage."

Something twisted sharply in Minho's chest. "You mean for me to marry one of the Northern royals?"

The nodded firmly. "That is correct. They have two lovely daughters, and they've agreed to give you their oldest."

"You can't be serious," Minho hissed, taking an intimidating step forward. 

The King pushed to his feet, staring his son down with cold eyes. "If we wish to avoid war and the complete loss of our lands, marriage is the solution. You will not fight this, Minho. You do not have a say in this, is that clear?"

Minho tired dousing the fire burning in his chest, and he had to take a calming breath before he could speak. "The Moon descendants are our enemy."

"It's this or all out war. And I will not have war. If you refuse, they will turn against us. As much as I hate to say this, they have more allies than we do. More power." The King slowly dropped back into his seat, essentially closing the discussion. "You will marry one of the Moon Princesses, and that is final."

There was no fighting this. Minho was going to be married against his will. He was going to be spending the rest of the day training. He suppressed his anger, raising his head. "What is expected of me?"

"In a few days we will be going North to begin negotiations and preparations for a wedding. This trip is of utmost importance, and you will behave yourself among the Moon royalty. Our goal is to make peace. Understood?"

Minho bowed his head. "Yes, Father."

"Very good. We leave in three days. You're dismissed."

Minho was ready to tear some people apart. He headed straight for the armory the moment he left the council room.

◇◇◇

The Prince of the Moon sat quietly at his desk, the quill in his hand moving swiftly and elegantly across the parchment as two voices conversed behind him, one being loud and choked, and the other soothing and quiet. He wasn't sure why his sisters chose his room to lament in, but he continued his writing as if they weren't there.

"Anything but marriage!" the oldest princess wailed, her voice muffled by the other princess' shoulder. "Wylan is waiting for me! I wanted to run away with him. But now I have to marry the Prince of the pompous Sun God, and I'll never be happy again."

"Ida, you'll be alright, I'm sure of it."

"You're not the one stuck in an arranged marriage."

"I will be in the future, I'm sure. But Prince Minho can't be that bad. We haven't heard much about him, that has to be a good sign, right?"

"What do you think, Jisung?"

The Moon Prince raised his head slightly at the sound of his name. "What do I think about what?"

"The Prince of the Sun. What do you think of him?" Ida asked, sitting forward in interest to hear her older brother's response.

Jisung slowly set his quill in the silver inkwell beside his papers and turned to face his sisters. His silvery hair framed his elegant features well and complimented his intense, cool eyes. His siblings shared his silver hair color, but their eyes were dark and warm, unlike his. "I'm not sure I could tell you much. I saw him once years ago when Mother and I went South for that festival. He might as well have been a statue."

Ida's shoulders sagged. "That only makes me feel worse. Thanks a lot."

Jisung shrugged. He was honest to a fault, and that made him a terrible person to go to for comfort and reassurance. "The Sun Prince is a mystery to me, Ida. I've never bothered learning about him, and I'm going to keep it that way."

"Well he's your future King and brother-in-law," Ida pointed out miserably, once again burying her head in her sister's shoulder. "You might as well get used to knowing about him."

Jisung knew he would disappear the moment the wedding was complete, so he didn't argue or agree. Instead, he turned back to his task. Prince Minho was the least of his concerns.

------------------------So it begins! Boring first chapter, but the rest shall be fun! I'm supes excited about this story. Thanks for reading.