Soaring Hearts

*The song that inspired this chapter is Beyond- Tommee Proffitt, but THIS song is what I listened to while writing this chapter. 

*The instrumental in the last half is just... YES for this. (If not showing, it's Arise- Clann)

Minho was uneasy. He paced his room back and forth, stopped and stared out the window, and paced again. Early that morning he asked to see Princess Ida. Minho was anything but dishonest to those he cared for, and since he cared for Ida, he had to be honest about his feelings. That is, being honest about his feelings for her brother. His nerves popped and crackled uncomfortably when she, in response, said she had something important to discuss with him as well, and he couldn't help thinking of all the ways this conversation could go wrong.

"I'm sure you have nothing to worry about," Chan spoke up from where he was sitting at the desk. "She's kind and open, I don't think she will have anything malicious to say."

"I'm not only worried about that. I'm also worried that she'll... request to have the wedding sooner. We had an amazing time at the ball, after all, and the Moon family is very good at masking their real emotions."

Chan chuckled, causing Minho to stop and glance back at him curiously. "Your Highness, she may look at you with fondness, but I do not think that fondness goes beyond friendship. Her eyes are fairly expressive, as far as I've seen."

Minho dropped his head. "I suppose you're right about that. I think my insides are just... frayed."

A light knock on the door had Minho's spine straightening up in a shot, and he quickly shifted into his 'professional prince' mindset. Chan opened the door and welcomed the Moon Princess in, who was looking lovely in a light green travelling dress. The royals greeted each other formally, and then dismissed their guards.

The moment they were alone, Minho offered Ida a seat, and to make things a little more comfortable, he sat as well, thought that only made him want to fidget. They stared at each other for a moment, and then both accidentally spoke at the same time.

"I'm in love with someone else."

Their eyes caught. "What?" they both spoke in sync again.

Minho, being a gentleman, shut his mouth to allow the princess room to speak clearly.

Ida blushed, but a smile grew on her face. "I'm in love with someone else, Your Highness. And I suppose you are too."

Minho mirrored her smile. "I was wondering if I lost too much sleep this past week and hallucinated that." They shared a small laugh, and then he cleared his throat. "So who is this person you're in love with?"

Her smile brightened. "His name is Wylan. I've known him for about three years, and being apart from him for so long... It has opened my eyes. I cannot live without him, Prince Minho." Her gaze flicked down to her hands. "I wanted to be honest with you. I know there probably isn't much we an do about it, but-"

"Princess," Minho interrupted carefully, "I do not think you have much reason to worry about our marriage and the alliance."

She tilted her head, brows creasing in a way that was oddly similar to her brother. "What do you mean?"

Minho could feel his ears getting a little warm. "I'm in love with Prince Jisung."

She stared at him. "My... my brother?"

Minho wasn't sure what to make of this reaction, but before he could try to word things in a better way, the princess beamed.

"Really?" Ida suddenly threw her arms around him, taking him by surprise. "Oh that's wonderful!" she cried, voice choked.