Clearing the air

*TW: violence and descriptions of panic (not terribly detailed)

For the next two days, Minho was hardly allowed to leave his rooms. He'd survived enough assassination attempts that he was ready to get back into the regular flow of things, and a few arguments ensued between himself and his parents. Ultimately it was decided that he would be assigned a new bodyguard, one that would accompany him all hours of the day. He didn't want to deal with that for very long, so he sent a few letters to some of his people back home with a few requests.

One of the few friends he had was now set to arrive with his new bodyguard in a few days, and until then, Minho could only wait.

After Jisung had comforted him that night, the Moon Prince went back to his rooms quietly, leaving things unsaid between the two. Minho didn't really mind leaving things unsaid. At the moment things were so confusing and complicated that he didn't know what could be said. But he couldn't deny that Jisung hadn't left his mind once since that night.

Throughout the week following the assassination attempt, Minho felt like a caged bird, free to roam in his enclosure while having eyes on him at all times of the day. It was beyond frustrating, and he was on the verge of killing his current bodyguard. The man was a bit of an oaf, and Minho never realized it because he dismissed him so often. He hoped this next guard would be at least a little more competent and self aware.

Even among all the chaos and the ever so present guards, Minho still managed to see Jisung a few nights later for training. He nearly expected to be met with an empty room, but he was pleasantly surprised to see the Moon Prince already there, his clothes tied rather haphazardly as he threw knives at a target.

"Your technique is clean, but it could use a bit more force."

Jisung spun around in surprise. "Oh, it's just you. I'm surprised you're here alone."

"Giving my guard the slip wasn't exactly difficult," Minho pointed out, slowly approaching. "I see you tried tying your clothes down again."

Jisung's lips twitched. "Yes, an attempt was made." He rubbed his shoulder, glancing away in an almost shy way.

"Would you like some help fixing it?" Minho hoped he said yes. He hadn't seen Jisung in a few days, and he was feeling the effects of that as he watched him now. It was like he needed his fill of the prince.

An air of hesitation built up, but Jisung slowly nodded. "I suppose. I'm not very practiced in it yet."

Victory danced through Minho. "That's fine, it might take some time to get the hang of it." He paused a few steps away, deciding to let Jisung take the initiative.

The Moon Prince briefly hesitated once again before finally stepping forward, holding his arms up enough for Minho to do what he needed to.

The moment Minho took the end of the sash and began untying it, his mind wandered, and it wandered a bit too far. Would he ever have a chance to remove more than a simple sash from Prince Jisung? How would Jisung act in that moment? How would his body react?

Minho caught himself and quickly shook the thoughts away. He decided to keep himself focused by talking. "Have you been coming here since the assassination attempt?"

Jisung nodded. "I wasn't sure when you would be able to come back here, so I just... kept showing up." His words faltered slightly when Minho's fingers snagged a bit of cloth at his hip, unintentionally pulling their bodies closer together.

Focus, Minho. "Then I'm glad I found my way back. Training alone can be... lonely and depressing." He didn't mean to hint at the fact that Jisung left him there for days, but it was out in the air anyway.