An agreement

Another agonizingly slow day passed, and Minho was on the edge of tearing his own hair out. If he had to sit down with the Moon King and Queen alone one more time-

"Minho."

He straightened at the sound of his name, and he quickly got to his feet from where he was sitting on a chair in his rooms. He bowed his head. "Father."

"It's alright, Minho. You may sit, I'm only here for a moment. I know you've had a busy day and you'll have a busy day tomorrow."

Feeling a little uneasy at the King's sudden appearance, Minho sat down stiffly. "What is it?"

The king slowly walked across the room, eventually stopping at a window to look out at the sunset coloring the gardens down below. "You spoke with your mother yesterday about the marriage, right?"

Guilt shot through his heart. "Yes."

"We considered bringing it up to the Moon King, but we have decided against doing so at all. We must tread carefully when it comes to the Moon, and after further observation of their family, we cannot risk upsetting anything. I'm sorry."

Minho was relieved. After what Jisung told him the previous night, he was worried about causing him trouble if his parents ended up bringing the topic into discussion with the Moon King. "It's alright, I understand. I only want what's best for the kingdom."

"Your mother told me as much." The Sun King glanced at his son. "If there is anything you need, let us know. I am proud of you for going through with this. No one wants an arranged marriage."

This was the most Minho had interacted with his father in a long time, and he felt something in his chest get tight. He dipped his head respectfully. "Thank you."

"Get some rest. You have a full day tomorrow with Princess Ida. Behave yourself, and do not cross any lines. Everything is balancing on a razor's edge, and if you slip everything will fall with you."

Yes, what a great way to comfort his son. Minho only nodded. "Yes, Your Majesty."

The Sun King left, and Minho felt his body go slack in his seat. He hadn't caused Prince Jisung any more trouble, which was relieving, but he was quickly realizing that his every action could have dire consequences. He just hoped he could take the steps he needed to without setting off a trap.

It was only a few minutes after the king left that a knock sounded at his door, and Minho, strangely enough, wondered if it was the Moon Prince. "Enter."

Disappointment seeped into his chest as the curvy figure of Dyna entered the room, closing the door quietly behind her. "Good evening, Your Highness," she greeted, just barely bowing her head.

Minho knew what she was here for, and he wasn't interested in the slightest. "What is it?" he asked coldly.

Dyna approached him slowly, hips swaying. "It's been over a week since you've laid with me. I thought you could use some company after so long."

Minho felt a strange jolt of elation when he instantly felt disgust at her presence and suggestion. He never felt anything when it came to people he bedded, and yet he had continued doing the same thing for so long just to try and feel something. He didn't need empty hearts to wake his heart anymore.

"That will not be needed anymore. You are dismissed."

Dyna's eyes flashed, only briefly. Minho nearly missed it. She bowed dramatically slow. "I understand, Your Highness."

Minho felt a smile grow on his face as the door closed behind her. In just a few hours, he was going to train with Jisung, and he was looking forward to it. He hadn't expected to like training with the Prince of the Moon so much.