Sunlight

Minho was overwhelmed the moment he woke up. The sun was streaming in from the open balcony, reflecting off the floor brightly and blinding his heavy eyes, and the rest of his senses were completely taken over by the person lying in his bed. 

Prince Jisung was sound asleep beside him, silver hair spread out on the pillows messily, head turned to the side to give Minho a beautiful view of his sculpted jaw and rounded cheeks, his plush lips parted slightly. His skin wasn't as pale as it was just a few weeks ago, now lightly sun-kissed from his time being outside and in the Sun Lands, and it made him look unreal under the reflection of the morning sun.

Minho had to take a deep breath, reminding himself that this was real, that the Moon Prince was laying so close that their legs were tangled around their ankles. That he'd shared a special, intimate night with Jisung that he would never forget.

Before the real world could burst through the shield they built last night, Minho moved to lay behind Jisung, carefully wrapping his arms around the Moon Prince and pulling their bodies flush together. He tucked his face into the crook of Jisung's neck, breathing in his soft scent, feeling his smooth skin.

Jisung stirred, and he suddenly reached up to touch Minho's hair. "It's morning already?" he whispered, voice heavy with drowsiness.

"It doesn't have to be," Minho argued quietly, instantly closing his eyes as he sank into the comfortable feeling of Jisung's fingers rubbing into his hair.

A short, soft chuckle. "So you can control time now?"

"Yes, I thought you knew that."

"Oh yes, my mistake."

The pair fell quiet again, enjoying each other's warmth and the soft breeze flowing in from outside. It was the first time the princes truly felt... peace. Peace was so rare in their lives, yet here they were discovering it together.

"Did you mean everything you said last night?" Jisung suddenly asked, his voice so quiet that Minho nearly didn't hear him.

"Every word," Minho promised. He moved his hand to Jisung's hip, drawing small patterns over his thin trousers with his finger. "But no matter what I want, your happiness is the most important thing to me."

Color rose to Jisung's cheeks. "I'm happy with you, Minho. That's why I accepted this." He held his hand up, and Minho was shocked to see that he hadn't imagined it last night. The ring he gave to Jisung was sitting on the Moon Prince's finger as if it belonged there.

Minho blinked a few times, and he reached forward to take Jisung's hand, admiring the jewelry adorning his slender finger. "So you truly want this?"

"I do." Jisung laced their fingers together. "But I will admit that I'm scared. Everything is against us."

That despair in his voice made Minho's heart twist, and he squeezed his hand. "The odds being stacked against me has never stopped me from accomplishing anything before, and it certainly won't now. I will do everything in my power to make things work. To make things safe for us."

A brief silence. "Minho, you're far too good for me," Jisung whispered. "So good and so impossible to let go."

Minho loosened his grip as Jisung turned over to face him, and his heart stuttered as the Moon Prince ran his fingers into his hair.

"I have tried to let you go, I must admit that. I've tried to step back, to close off my heart, all because of my own fear, all because I've only known giving things up just to be safe." Jisung's hand moved to rest on Minho's cheek. "But I'm drawn to follow you everywhere, just like the moon follows the sun. And I no longer wish to fight that gravitational pull."