I am here

Minho was agitated. Nervous. A little angry. And most of all, he was worried. He was so worried, he couldn't focus, and he couldn't stop moving. His dagger was twisting around his fingers constantly, nearly giving him blisters as he paced and paced.

It was the middle of the night, and Jisung still hadn't come to the training room. After the last issue of him disappearing for days, the princes agreed to let one another know in advance if they weren't able to make it, so the fact that there hadn't been a sight or sound of Jisung for the entire day was worrisome.

For a short while Minho just waited for the Moon Prince to make his appearance, but after an hour turned into two, he grew anxious. He waited longer, giving Jisung more time. But all the while, poking at the back of his mind, was a warning. A warning that something was wrong. And finally, when a voice in his head seemed to scream "Go to Jisung", he rushed out of the training room.

Chan was a little startled by the intensity of Minho's exit, but the prince didn't care. All he saw was the hall in front of him, the distance that seemed to stretch on forever between his moving feet and Jisung's rooms. His heart was thundering even though he had no idea if something was actually wrong.

Minho was nearly out of breath when he finally reached the Moon Prince's rooms, and he knocked on the door. When no response came, he knocked again, this time a little louder. "Jisung? It's me, I'm just checking to make sure everything is alright."

Nothing. Not a sound, not a movement.

"I'm coming in." Minho turned to Chan. "Stay here and do not let anyone in, no matter who they are or what they say. You may have tomorrow off if this takes a while."

Chan gave a short nod. "I'll not move until you tell me to."

"Thank you." Before he could overthink being polite, Minho pushed into Jisung's room cautiously and closed the door behind him. The moonlight that was usually streaming in seemed much dimmer than before, so he nearly wondered if Jisung was gone.

Minho's thoughts halted completely when he saw a dark splotch on the floor in front of the sofa. Blood. Dry and cracking.

A distant noise caught his attention, and he rushed through the bedroom and into the washroom where he stopped in the doorway.

Jisung was slumped forward, his upper body shaking, and the moonlight quickly revealed his bare torso and injured back.

"Jisung," Minho rushed out, his body jolting into action. He ran forward and dropped to a crouch beside the Prince of the Moon, instinctively reaching out to take his shoulders.

The prince flinched back hard, and he nearly fell back onto the tile before Minho caught him, low on his waist to avoid touching his back. "Minho?" he let out, eyes squinting in the darkness. His voice was strained, sounding hurt in more ways than one.

"Yes, it's me, Jisung," Minho whispered, slowly adjusting his hold on him and pulling him onto his lap. "What happened? Who did this?"

Jisung's eyes closed tightly, and his hands clenched onto the front of Minho's black and red shirt. His breathing was harsh, and it was clear he was trying to get it under control. 

Worry and anger twisted and jerked in Minho's chest so intensely he nearly felt ill. But he wasn't going to let his emotions get away. He had someone to take care of.

"You don't have to speak, it's alright," Minho murmured, gently rubbing his hands up and down Jisung's arms. His skin was far too cold. "Nod once if you would like me to help you into the tub."

After a few more deep breaths, Jisung nodded in answer, and he bit his lip hard when Minho lifted him into the air. He didn't want to risk anything while the Moon Prince was in this state, so Minho didn't undress him any further and gently lowered him into the water.