Gravitational Pull

Minho fell into bed, more exhausted than he wanted to admit. A few days had passed since he and the Moon Prince made amends in the library, and from that point on he was stuck between his parents and Princess Ida. 

They were meant to get used to each other, but strangely enough the northern king and queen hardly allowed them to converse. According to them  it was considered a little inappropriate for them to get too close before being wed. Minho found that completely bizarre, and so did his parents. But the King and Queen of the Sun didn't say a word about it.

By now, Minho was over this whole thing, and he wanted nothing more than to call this whole thing off. Unfortunately that wasn't possible. This alliance was so important, his parents were even overlooking the strange beliefs of the Moon royalty. It ignited a fire of frustration deep in his chest, and that fire had yet to dwindle even a little.

On the way to his room, Dyna had stopped Minho, offering her services, but he dismissed her. And rather harshly at that. Strangely enough, his mind had continually wandered to Prince Jisung. He hadn't seen the Moon Prince in days, aside from dinners. Even then, he wasn't there for long and always excused himself after barely eating a bit.

Minho couldn't describe it. It was like something was pulling him toward the Moon Prince, drawing him into the enigma that was Jisung. He wanted to see him, to talk to him, to learn all there was to learn about him. And he didn't know why. 

He never felt an interest in learning about anyone. But from the moment he laid eyes on him on the steps of the palace, something in Minho's chest called for the Prince of the Moon.

At first, Minho tried shutting his swirling thoughts out by reading a book, but Jisung had recommended this book, and that brought the silver prince to mind once again. An hour passed as Minho mentally fought with himself. And finally, he couldn't ignore the strange pull any longer.

In a rush of dark clothes, Minho left his rooms and found his way to the hot springs just beyond the wall of the castle. Jisung wasn't there. He stared at the water, questioned himself, and then headed back for the castle. He was being ridiculous, he knew that. But he didn't really care.

Another long walk later, Minho reached the wing that belonged to the Prince of the Moon, and before he had the chance to reach the doors, one of them opened, revealing Jisung dressed in loose silk pants and a shirt that hung open. Minho went still.

Surprise flickered through Jisung's strange eyes before he leaned against his door, a smile tilting the edge of his lips. "Good evening, Prince of the Sun. What brings you here?"

Well, Minho didn't plan this at all, and now here he was, cornered with nothing to say. "Hi."

Jisung's smile grew bigger than Minho had yet to see. It was beautiful and made his chest feel funny. "Hi."

"You weren't at dinner so... I don't actually know why I'm here," Minho admitted, too distracted by the man in front of him to come up with any real sentences.

"At least you're honest about it," Jisung said, a teasing glint in his eye.

Those eyes were doing something to Minho. Perhaps he needed to visit with the palace physician. Was he falling ill?

"As a royal, honesty is vital, is it not?"

Jisung let out a breath similar to a laugh and stepped back, opening the door a little wider. "If you're here you might as well come in."

"If I'm overstepping in any way-"

"You're not, I assure you." Jisung took another step back, holding his arm out in invitation.