*+。 CHAPTER 2。+*

For strangers, who could watch everything from the sidelines, it could look like small, completely meaningless moments, words, emotions. But for both Narin and Arcenio, the time they spent together was incredibly precious.

Vazquez admired the young companion and was extremely grateful to him for everything he did for her, although she wasn't always able to show it. The man, despite his work and activities at home, always found time to come to Narin and protect her in a way that conditions allowed him at that moment.

At that time, the young man was also developing his plan, the main goal of which was to free his dear Narin from the hell in which she lived. He was aware that this task would require a lot of thought and appropriate resources to be successful.

"You do realize what the consequences might be, right?" The older man asked , who in the meantime was fixing his hair in a ponytail. "Bardales, even though he values ​​money above all else... he can also show the other side. If something or someone gets under his skin... he'll put his priorities aside and do anything to get rid of the problem. Especially if the problem could be something that deprives him of power or valuable monetary income."

"I know that, Bernardo." Brunet replied, sitting across from his friend. "But I can not stop thinking about it." He sighed heavily.

"You're too good." Torres laughed softly. "Sometimes I fear that your kindness and warm heart may be your undoing." He added sadly. "You can't save everyone, lad. And even if you try... something will eventually get in your way, and the consequences can be dire."

"I know that." He repeated, nodding his head.

"Is that so?" The elder raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure?" He asked with concern. "Arcenio... You know I'm always here to help you, and in this case, of course, I'll do the same, but it doesn't change the fact that an old man like me... just worries about you." You've helped so many people." He smiled. "Have you ever wondered what about you? Have you thought about yourself for a moment? Hm? I think at least once you should do something that will benefit you, not people in need. Something... that will make you happy. Something it'll give more satisfaction."

"That is how it is now, Bernardo." Brunet interrupted with a warm voice. "I know you are worried, I appreciate that. Really." He nodded. "But..." He sighed heavily. "After everything we have been through, I told myself that if I can... I will help anyone who needs it. Why? Maybe that is because I do not want anyone to go through the same painful moments as me. Since I have already experienced it and I know the feeling, I do not want anyone else to have to go through it, though they do not have to. Someone can help and protect them from evil."

"Even so, you won't cleanse the whole world of the filth and sins that are here. There'll always be something or someone... that will destroy this harmony. Remember that." He nodded with a hint of sadness. "And what's good, it ends quickly. Everything bad can go on forever. We both know it well, don't we?" He smiled faintly at his younger companion, who returned the gesture.

"May I count on your help?"

Torres laughed softly.

"As always, Arcenio."

♦•♦•♦

In the evening, sudden noises woke up Narin, who, disoriented, went down to the lower floor of the building to check what was going on. The loud screams of the girls echoed throughout the House.

"What's going on again?" Vazquez asked, her voice still a bit sleepy.

The mulatto froze the moment she saw what had happened.

In front of her stood a terrified Penny, and right next to her, in a small vault of liquor, lay a woman's body. The redhead was still screaming, unable to calm down.