*+。 CHAPTER 14。+*

"What else do You want, huh?!" Bernardo shouted nervously, running into the church and pointing towards the image of the saints. "I'm failing everyone! My wife! My friend! Daughter! My whole family! All my loved ones!" He stopped in the middle of the church, still glaring angrily at the painting. "What am I doing wrong huh?! What are we doing wrong?! Answer me! You've already taken my wife! You took Aitana, little Calixto! And now you've taken Arcenio away from us! How dare you?! How dare you?! "

His voice was breaking, but he was still screaming and after a while he leaned against one of the benches, broken.

"It's too much..." He said, shaking his head. "Too much..." He cried. "Whatever I do... Me or Narin... We'll go straight and then everything falls apart... I've lost control, completely." He ran a hand through his hair. "I can't stop her." He cried. "I don't recognize her at all." He looked at the picture. "She's already killed people... She used the same method as Basilio himself. She started with his relatives so he would know she was coming for him. She killed everyone, even the woman from the House... She killed Carmen. She killed the people who killed my wife in the hospital... Then she found the gangsters who killed the people in Arcenio's house... who also killed Arcenio... And now... Narin wants to get Bardales. I tried..." His voice broke. "After the death of Arcenio, I did everything to support her, to comfort her... I explained that we would deal with this together, that I would find a way to make the culprits pay for these actions, but she... She didn't even look at me, and all she said was that she would kill everyone." He shook his head in disbelief. "I wanted to spare her that, and now..." He cried. "I'm begging you..." He fell to his knees and looked at the painting. "Help me..." He sobbed.

Several months have passed since Rubio's death, and Narin has changed beyond recognition. Arcenio's mother was devastated at the sudden news of her son's death. Her gorrión... The nurses barely controlled her attack, and the elderly woman's condition deteriorated significantly. It took her a long time to recover. Bernardo and young Vazquez remembered Belkis, visited her, took care of her as best they could. They shared the money they earned with the sick woman, providing her with proper care and protection. They never forgot her presence.

However, even with such moments, Narin was only thinking about revenge.

She promised herself she wouldn't give up until she killed everyone who was guilty. And so she did. She started from scratch.

When she came to the house of Carmen, the receptionist from the House, she was even happy to see her. She was glad that Narin had found a good life, but she froze the moment Vazquez pointed the gun at her.

"W-why...? "The woman asked. "I was good to you..." She said with tears in her eyes but the mulatto was unmoved by this fact. "I thought we were friends..."

"Friends?" Narin snorted. "Pathetic." She shook her head. "Would you call someone friend who turns you over to the enemy, tells all your secrets, plays both sides? Pretends to be nice, but she's really nothing but a bitch."

"N-no, it's not like that... "

"Oh, shut up." She pulled the trigger, killing Carmen with one bullet. "I let you say too much anyway."

Then she found the other culprits and butchered them one by one. But in their case, she also used the same method. First, she killed their loved ones in front of their eyes, and left them for the last to see these tragedies and die knowing that there was nothing they could've done to prevent it.

"You are a monster!" They said.

"Same as you. We don't seem to be any different."

She took the most preparation to kill Bardales. She made sure her enemy was aware that she was coming for him. News of the killings reached Basilio, who absolutely didn't expect it. Now he feared for his own life. He thought that the prison walls would protect him, but he didn't realize that the mulatto girl had a plan that she was going to execute in the near future.